• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the contempt movie!

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
the fact that the payment was arranged to be wired from Meghan to Pawlowski and not directly from Patrick makes me think someone who doesn't trust Pat to hold the money for even a minute is footing the bill
Or Pig was sat down by lynn/swfa and told to shut the fuck up and play with lego's, she/they running the show now.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
Reminder that it isn't just the Google Quash Judgement that's waiting around.

As admin has stated, many thousands of times, Pat is liable for any and all fees incurred in the collection efforts on the judgements.

payquasi.lol has only updated with $5,619 of partial post-judgement google quash fees from Jerry Jen in California. That's inevitably a tiny sliver of the costs Quasi has had to incur.

We have no idea how much Quasi has had to pay Pawlowski, since January. Or Peter Hemmer in scheduling the debtor's exam. And in making all these filings with the court through Pawlowski in this contempt process. For all this bullshit in dragging it out - Pat pays it all.

Fatty owes Quasi more than any of us can imagine. If he gets bailed of this $32k, that's likely only half or less of the total debt he owes.

Lawyers are expensive. Domestications (plural) are coming, child.

randy-marsh-south-park.gif

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
Reminder that it isn't just the Google Quash Judgement that's waiting around.

As admin has stated, many thousands of times, Pat is liable for any and all fees incurred in the collection efforts on the judgements.

payquasi.lol has only updated with $5,619 of partial post-judgement google quash fees from Jerry Jen in California. That's inevitably a tiny sliver of the costs Quasi has had to incur.

We have no idea how much Quasi has had to pay Pawlowski, since January. Or Peter Hemmer in scheduling the debtor's exam. And in making all these filings with the court through Pawlowski in this contempt process. For all this bullshit in dragging it out - Pat pays it all.

Fatty owes Quasi more than any of us can imagine. If he gets bailed of this $32k, that's likely only half or less of the total debt he owes.

Lawyers are expensive. Domestications (plural) are coming, child.

Presumably this was all covered in the pre hearing agreement that was reached. Speculation: quasi offered a one time payment amount to stop everything.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Why would the SFWA do this?
The SFWA loaned (or gave) Pat $100k+ to fight the lolsuit. They are an alleged charity, but this is not one of their permitted charity purposes. They have an exception to help people out with medical bills, but not with "someone called me fat on the internet" lawsuits. Plus, he'd only been a member for a couple of months at the time he filed suit, so they could reasonably limit their financial assistance to him. Giving their friends money for dumb shit is not a charity purpose, and could lose them their charity status, and potentially earn the folk involved some jail time for misuse of charity funds.

When Quasi filed suit against the SFWA to determine exactly how much they paid Pat, they spent about $12k fighting to keep that info secret. That's something like 24,000 member's annual dues, spent on bullshit.

The reality is the SFWA should have had a signed contract between Pat and themselves detailing the arrangement, and sending a copy through to Quasi would take minutes at most. A search of their executive's emails for relevant terms and email addresses would take maybe an hour. Call it $200 worth of labor, total.

Instead, they spent $8k by their reckoning ($12k by mine) explaining to the court that checking their records for a written loan contract - a debt that legally should be accounted for in their books - was too hard.

If I'm right, and Pat goes to a debtor's hearing, then that all comes out in public and various staff of theirs go to jail, and the SFWA lose their charity status as they're apparently being run for their good friend Pat's benefit.

The alternative is that they burn a few more thousand member's dues paying Pat's debt, and get to shove the whole affair under the rug for another year.

• Deleted by Leonard Rhomberg
Show…