How many of you actually think you’ll retire?

💩💩💩💩

maybe kiss you
I plan on spending my retirement hunting Cumias in New New York dressed like this. That is, if the rape gangs don't get to them first.

1661205309265.png

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
Retirement is the least likely outcome for my future, I really do anticipate having to fight cannibals off during the day and hiding from chinese commandos at night. My diet will consist of canned goods, cigarettes and hard liquor.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Who knows, I recently saw some of my boomer relatives and they’re all pretty much relying on social security to survive retirement. My parents are both fine (ones retired and one is winding down / selling his business etc) but I was really surprised to hear how many of my family in their early 60s never invested / planned for the future, just had the mind set “social security will be there and be enough!”

I’m in my mid 30s with a 401K, Pension, and have been investing since my 20s because I want my dividends pay all my monthly bills. I’ve been told since I was a teenager social security wouldn’t be around when I retire so I planned accordingly which probably means I won’t live to see retirement and die before it. That will be a real Oopsie doodles.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Who knows, I recently saw some of my boomer relatives and they’re all pretty much relying on social security to survive retirement. My parents are both fine (ones retired and one is winding down / selling his business etc) but I was really surprised to hear how many of my family in their early 60s never invested / planned for the future, just had the mind set “social security will be there and be enough!”

I’m in my mid 30s with a 401K, Pension, and have been investing since my 20s because I want my dividends pay all my monthly bills. I’ve been told since I was a teenager social security wouldn’t be around when I retire so I planned accordingly which probably means I won’t live to see retirement and die before it. That will be a real Oopsie doodles.

Social security is a massive ticking Ponzi scheme time bomb. Only retards and boomers (lol same thing) believe otherwise.

I also have no faith my private investments and savings will be there, either though.

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
not trolling. i don't even have to get married last night a dude wanted to take me out i told him $400 he gave me $600 i look just like rihanna life is easy. much as you guys want to hate i do play up the ugliness here and take pics fresh out the shower with no makeup but i'm literally gorgeous
I hope you run into a proper Patrick Bateman and get chainsawed in half so I don't have to read your sheboon chatterings.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Social security is a massive ticking Ponzi scheme time bomb. Only retards and boomers (lol same thing) believe otherwise.

I also have no faith my private investments and savings will be there, either though.
That’s why I’ve always hated seeing a part of my paycheck go to SS, I would rather have that money to invest. I was really shocked at how many of my family members close to the retirement age have just about NOTHING prepared for retirement. I started in my 20s putting money away / investing / etc and they just all spent whatever they had on dumb shit over the years and now are crossing their fingers SS will be enough.

Funny part was they were all jealous of my one uncle because he knew to work a boring government job since he could retire with a nice pension and all in his early 50s

You’re lucky to even have a pension. Not a lot of those anymore

I agree it’s wild so many people had no plan for retirement. They really thought the party would never end even though it’s never gone like that in human history

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
That’s why I’ve always hated seeing a part of my paycheck go to SS, I would rather have that money to invest. I was really shocked at how many of my family members close to the retirement age have just about NOTHING prepared for retirement. I started in my 20s putting money away / investing / etc and they just all spent whatever they had on dumb shit over the years and now are crossing their fingers SS will be enough.

Funny part was they were all jealous of my one uncle because he knew to work a boring government job since he could retire with a nice pension and all in his early 50s

Those people had the opportunity to at least get on the property ladder and have a home paid off at retirement, nobody else will be able to under the age of 30 going forward.

It’s going to be bleak, very very bleak. You’ll die when you can’t work anymore.

G

Most people don’t realize yet that it will not happen for them. It probably takes $3-5M to retire around 60 and live comfortably for the rest of your life. I think I have an okay chance at it provided I give absolutely nothing to posterity like a boomer piece of shit.
It depends what kind of liquidity you're talking about. If you're in your 30s-40s and you have 1-5 mill in total assets - i.e. property, cash and investments, you're probably still a little insecure if you're talking about lifetime retirement. If you're that age and you've got a property or two paid off and a couple of mill + cash and spread over a few mixed funds, yeah, you're golden.

Probably

💩💩💩💩

maybe kiss you

The way things are going those social security people are going to spend 40 hours a week waving other poors into walmart. Investing young, maxing match 401ks, and buying real estate are the best things you can do for individual security. No way in hell would I trust anyone to guarantee me a pension