How many of you actually think you’ll retire?

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
Ive pretty much accepted ill be working until I die. Were not poor. We live comforably. But i dont have NEARLY enough to delude myself into thinking retirement is going to be easy.

I hope to have my house paid off to give to my kids and have a great life insurance policy on top of it. As long as they dont fuck it up, they can enjoy my hard work.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
If you’re my age (mid 30s) be prepared to work till you die, renting a nice enough retirement apartment and hoping you’ve built enough to not starve or go homeless and have paid off your ridiculous student debt.

If you’re younger, be prepared to live in high rise tenament buildings eating bug protein with a bunch of violent drug addict niggers. If you’re lucky you might have an Amazon warehouse job servicing the AI drones 16 hours a day for extra bug gruel.

Unless you live in countries like Singapore which haven’t been gang raped by selfish boomers. (Actually saving based economy, giving kids better lives than their own, cheap student debt like they had etc)

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I’d like to buy a house in 5 years. Maybe someday get some property down the shore. I think Im doing ok for myself so far in life given my age group. I swear one by one Im seeing people my age start either losing it or having some godawful life situation happen. I just need to stay employed and in good health and be patient, good things will come my way.

You’ll see. YOU’LL ALL SEE!

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
If you’re my age (mid 30s) be prepared to work till you die, renting a nice enough retirement apartment and hoping you’ve built enough to not starve or go homeless and have paid off your ridiculous student debt.

If you’re younger, be prepared to live in high rise tenament buildings eating bug protein with a bunch of violent drug addict niggers. If you’re lucky you might have an Amazon warehouse job servicing the AI drones 16 hours a day for extra bug gruel.

Unless you live in countries like Singapore which haven’t been gang raped by selfish boomers. (Actually saving based economy, giving kids better lives than their own, cheap student debt like they had etc)
I was so pissed when they wanted to forgive all student debt. I had great grades in HS and wanted to go to college but couldnt take on the crippling debt. Id already watched my parents get fucked by not being financially responsible and accruing debt and didnt want to start my life with that anchor around my neck. Had i known it was going to be free, i wouldve deff gone to college. I dont want to have to pay everyones fucking liberal arts tuitions just because i chose to go straight into the blue collar trade work outta high school and make more money than them now.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I’d like to buy a house in 5 years. Maybe someday get some property down the shore. I think Im doing ok for myself so far in life given my age group. I swear one by one Im seeing people my age start either losing it or having some godawful life situation happen. I just need to stay employed and in good health and be patient, good things will come my way.

You’ll see. YOU’LL ALL SEE!

As time goes on. The right path becomes increasingly dependant on just being lucky, you used to be able to just do the bare minimum and avoid catastrophe and still end up middle class.

Every year the bare minimum becomes harder, avoiding disaster becomes hoping for good luck. I’m doing okay for my age, I’m comfortable enough - but every one in my position had their 20s working fucking insane hours and just hoping they didn’t get ill.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
I was so pissed when they wanted to forgive all student debt. I had great grades in HS and wanted to go to college but couldnt take on the crippling debt. Id already watched my parents get fucked by not being financially responsible and accruing debt and didnt want to start my life with that anchor around my neck. Had i known it was going to be free, i wouldve deff gone to college. I dont want to have to pay everyones fucking liberal arts tuitions just because i chose to go straight into the blue collar trade work outta high school and make more money than them now.

Don’t fall into the trap of being bitter and begrudging other people getting help, don’t be a boomer. I know what you’re saying but I’m not advocating for free education for anyone, I’m saying it’s not a fair game when our bosses and parents got tuition fees at good schools that could be paid with part time jobs, and we have to take on 100s of thousands in unforgivable debt to do the same thing. I just want people to keep the ladder intact, and not so many greedy boomer faggots burning it and throwing rocks at kids trying to climb up with ropes.

If all my cousins die early then I'll be quids in when my uncles punch out - they are both minted.

I would F.I.R.E. pretty much the nanosecond that I could. Alcohol is good enough entertainment, I don't need fancy holidays or cars n shit. Grow some veggies, stalk around the discounted items area in the supermarket greedily snatching bargains from people's hands!

It's probably easier to FIRE in the UK too. We don't have property tax, healthcare is taken care of. I could be wrong, but I suspect those are your delusions child.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
As time goes on. The right path becomes increasingly dependant on just being lucky, you used to be able to just do the bare minimum and avoid catastrophe and still end up middle class.

Every year the bare minimum becomes harder, avoiding disaster becomes hoping for good luck. I’m doing okay for my age, I’m comfortable enough - but every one in my position had their 20s working fucking insane hours and just hoping they didn’t get ill.
I got my bachelors, am about to be a vet, and paid off all student debt. Obviously still have to bust my ass for a long time but I feel like I won half the battle and Im barely old enough to rent a car