How do I ask the son of Lady Di politely if his waste of a life, hobo cum connoisseur, child abandoning, deadbeat mom has died yet?

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
This might save you a message...I am currently listening to the Lady Di supercut on YouTube and I wondered how she was doing, anyway I came across the Dr Steve Reddit page and as of 6 (Or maybe it was 9...) months ago she was still alive and in the nursing home where I guess she's been since 2015 or so
I’ve always thought of asking the kid myself but strayed against it. Not out of morality it’s just weird and I assume we’ll find out when it happens. Even if he doesn’t post on his social media when it happens we’ll find an obituary or something.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I think she just mentioned that those drinks give her the runs so he had an intern buy the biggest one they sold for her.
Yeah it was Coffee Coolata or whatever from Dunkin Donuts. But that wasn't really why she had the shits. It was because she was used to drinking beers until four in the morning then sleeping the entire day. So she would be drinking until one or two past midnight then getting up at five when Adrian the Intern picked her up to take her to the show. She drank the weekend before the internship and was showing up most days plastered. Not even hungover mind you, just ossified dead drunk.

Her daily diet was like one entree from a fast food restaurant and then a dozen beers including those 'ice' beers with double the alcohol by volume. And it was all centered around late night eating and drinking and sleeping during the morning. The O&A schedule pretty much disrupted the one true consistency she had in her life and her body could not adjust that quickly. Hence her spending mornings puking and shitting all over the place or having to be dragged into work.

Actors and athletes used to complain like crazy to O&A and Stern and other morning shows about having to wake up to do them. And those people were often in peak physical condition, in their early years, and had personal trainers and chefs and assistants with them. So it should be no surprise that Lady Di could barely survive the rigorous grueling O&A schedule. Anthony also had trouble making the show many mornings and was warned by management that he needed rehab or he would be fired. Opie stepped in and got management to back down from mandatory rehab as long as Anthony showed up on time. So they got a new system in place for Anthony to ensure he would not be late anymore.

Rascal

Tell him we made this so he knows what a dedicated bunch we are.

20.jpg

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Yeah it was Coffee Coolata or whatever from Dunkin Donuts. But that wasn't really why she had the shits. It was because she was used to drinking beers until four in the morning then sleeping the entire day. So she would be drinking until one or two past midnight then getting up at five when Adrian the Intern picked her up to take her to the show. She drank the weekend before the internship and was showing up most days plastered. Not even hungover mind you, just ossified dead drunk.

Her daily diet was like one entree from a fast food restaurant and then a dozen beers including those 'ice' beers with double the alcohol by volume. And it was all centered around late night eating and drinking and sleeping during the morning. The O&A schedule pretty much disrupted the one true consistency she had in her life and her body could not adjust that quickly. Hence her spending mornings puking and shitting all over the place or having to be dragged into work.

Actors and athletes used to complain like crazy to O&A and Stern and other morning shows about having to wake up to do them. And those people were often in peak physical condition, in their early years, and had personal trainers and chefs and assistants with them. So it should be no surprise that Lady Di could barely survive the rigorous grueling O&A schedule. Anthony also had trouble making the show many mornings and was warned by management that he needed rehab or he would be fired. Opie stepped in and got management to back down from mandatory rehab as long as Anthony showed up on time. So they got a new system in place for Anthony to ensure he would not be late anymore.
Can you just reveal who from the show you are already?

To be fair they didn't really know how mean they were being to Lady Di until they had her as an intern and saw how she truly lived and functioned. Like they always assumed that she was just lazy and a bit kooky but not a full blown alcoholic (and possible drug addict). Once she came to the show and they saw her rapidly deteriorating condition and daily self medicating with booze it became apparent that she couldn't partake in normal society. No one had seen her in that state before. I doubt that they would have been allowed to have her as an intern if management had actually had to interview and approve her.

The jokes basically stopped during the internship at one point and they began seriously assessing whether or not to send her straight to rehab. I know that Dr. Steve was involved in trying to get her to control herself but within a year or two the dementia had annihilated her brain and she was committed.

There was a moment on O&A where they famously had doctors examine pests and listeners for various ailments and spots. And one of the pests had something in his mouth that looked to be cancer. And the doctors tapped out of the bit and were extremely uncomfortable at where the bit had lead. And it shocked Norton into quitting cigarettes.

When Anthony saw how Ladi Di drank. It literally didn't convince him to stop drinking. He tripled down on his drinking instead. Even after mandatory rehab for beating his girlfriend (for discovering his anal egg collection). So ultimately this story ends on a high note as Anthony's life is plummeting into obscurity and wastrel alcoholism.

They knew she was a full blown alcoholic WAY before the internship. She was homeless at one point because of it. I’ve listened to some of those old clips recently and you can tell there’s some kind of “Jesus this bitch needs help” coming through the mics during a lot of her on air antics at the time.

LingerLonger

They knew she was a full blown alcoholic WAY before the internship. She was homeless at one point because of it. I’ve listened to some of those old clips recently and you can tell there’s some kind of “Jesus this bitch needs help” coming through the mics during a lot of her on air antics at the time.
They thought that she was a functioning alcoholic. Or someone like Bobo who was slow but could still handle normal life like not shitting your pants or puking all over the place constantly. They also thought that she had held jobs more successfully than they had realized and were shocked at how awful her health was. They didn't understand until seeing her during the internship that it would be impossible for her to actually hold a job reliably in her physical state. Opie basically said "all those times we berated her for being unemployed were unfair given her alcoholism".

They definitely thought that she could complete her internship just fine. Obviously they knew that she needed help. They didn't know just how bad it was though until they had seen her for a sustained period of time. Then it became readily apparent that she was in no fit condition to be part of normal society. And probably never would.

I
They thought that she was a functioning alcoholic. Or someone like Bobo who was slow but could still handle normal life like not shitting your pants or puking all over the place constantly. They also thought that she had held jobs more successfully than they had realized and were shocked at how awful her health was. They didn't understand until seeing her during the internship that it would be impossible for her to actually hold a job reliably in her physical state. Opie basically said "all those times we berated her for being unemployed were unfair given her alcoholism".

They definitely thought that she could complete her internship just fine. Obviously they knew that she needed help. They didn't know just how bad it was though until they had seen her for a sustained period of time. Then it became readily apparent that she was in no fit condition to be part of normal society. And probably never would.
I don’t know man, if you listen to the one compilation on YouTube they saw her go from working at Budweiser to being out of a job for years to homeless to barely holding a job for a few months at a Dunkin Donuts before getting fired for being drunk on the job. It’s definitely different seeing it in person but they shouldn’t have been shocked by what they saw.

I

I don’t know man, if you listen to the one compilation on YouTube they saw her go from working at Budweiser to being out of a job for years to homeless to barely holding a job for a few months at a Dunkin Donuts before getting fired for being drunk on the job. It’s definitely different seeing it in person but they shouldn’t have been shocked by what they saw.
Don't forget she was a crossing guard for a little while but would go home during the break and get shitfaced drunk and not show up when the kids left school.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
That's specifically the reason they were shocked. The bbbboys had only heard her on the phone(at least in the later years, after she wasn't going in studio) and had an inkling of how she was. The disruption to her daily life didn't help her either and that's the part they got to witness.

LingerLonger

Don't forget she was a crossing guard for a little while but would go home during the break and get shitfaced drunk and not show up when the kids left school.
She yelled at her bosses and told them she was just hungover as well but reeked of booze. She was extremely lucky that she didn't get charged with some misdemeanors, as being drunk on a job that is responsible for the safety of people on the roads including children, would be something a judge or DA would not overlook. And very fortunate that she did not cause an accident.

I honestly wonder how many people working in the kind of fields she was in are also at her level of alcoholism.