• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

House of the Dragon - Game of Thrones prequel

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
I didn't hate the first episode....I'm a jaded, white asshole in his 40's like the rest of y'all niggas, and yet I enjoyed it....I look forward to the rest of the season

see- we don't have to hate everything

SensibleKeks

see- we don't have to hate everything

1656938416211.jpg

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
The nigger shit doesn't bother me really, whites invented playing parts they don't look like back in 16th century theatre and haven't stopped since. Adaptions are never carbon copies of the source material but suddenly certain people are up in arms when coloreds are involved? It's blatant racism and I won't have it!! People like Cumia should be supporting this as it's bringing blacks out of the ghetto and to our level, he always talks about them being animals, riiiight?

Volkov

This forum saved my life!
I'm not into the fantasy genre, but I did like GoT because it had a lot of grit in the early seasons. This premiere seemed to have 10x the budget but still managed to look cheap and felt soulless
There was something I read about the pilot being a fucking disaster and them having to reshoot it in a short time with hastily built sets and no extras etc.

G

People are getting themselves hyped up for this like they forgot how awful Game of Thrones was after George left. I don't care that it's a show set in the A Song of Ice and Fire world, if George ain't involved then it's just another run of the mill heebywood production with a familiar name slapped on it.
He is involved again. Fairly heavily, I think.

There was something I read about the pilot being a fucking disaster and them having to reshoot it in a short time with hastily built sets and no extras etc.
I thought that was the prequel series that got scrapped, the one that was like thousands of years before. I have no idea though, I haven't really followed it. It did seem kinda light on extras and background characters.

Anyway, I thought it was fine. Better than I expected, but that's mainly because I expected utter shit. I'll have more of an opinion after another few episodes, and seeing how the second timeline works. My main gripe is that apparently it was much more cloudy then, because even the outdoor scenes are fucking dim. I guess they decided that everyone liked not being able to see shit during the Winterfell battle.

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
The lord of the rings prequal has black characters. One is a "famous" UK comic. Famous in that he was the first black comic regularly on TV. He's not particularly good. Can't wait to see how all the blacks get killed to set up the movie world with none of them around
I assume some sort of mega dragon... a grand dragon, if you will.

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
The nigger shit doesn't bother me really, whites invented playing parts they don't look like back in 16th century theatre and haven't stopped since. Adaptions are never carbon copies of the source material but suddenly certain people are up in arms when coloreds are involved? It's blatant racism and I won't have it!! People like Cumia should be supporting this as it's bringing blacks out of the ghetto and to our level, he always talks about them being animals, riiiight?
Whites invented almost everything, so that's a given. If its useful and clever a European (or an Asian tbf) probably made it happen.

We waz drow elves and Vikings and Aztecs and samurai and riders of Rohan NIGGGGGGGGGAAAA

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
That's quite an interesting (((perspective)))

Udders

Great food
I'll watch it, because why not. Thing I noticed after the first episode is there's no levity or colorful characters that were in abundance in GoT. Targaryans all basically look the same and are quite boring as people. It's only an hour a week though so I don't mind keeping up with it.

Guinness525

Whispers of Greatness
I don’t hate it so far, but I’m not gonna cut it any slack. I was perfectly fine being done with this “universe” and I had zero enthusiasm going into this. Ramin Djawadi is a great composer and Miguel Sapochnik is a great director. No shit. But it’s not 2012 anymore and they’re gonna need more than tits and violence to save this.

The acting didn’t annoy me, even from the child/teen actors. (The Targaryen daughter has some weird lookin teeth though.) I liked the actor who played the king. The throne scene where he’s losing his shit at his brother was great. But I assume he’ll be dead soon.

I didn’t like hearing all the familiar GoT music. They should be making it a point to stand out and not feel like a piggyback show. It has some great visuals, but it looks more like Lord of the Rings than GoT, all clean and polished. I’m willing to get used to that if the show doesn’t suck. But there are already signs of incoming gender commentary, as if the other show didn’t get enough time to explore that tired fucking theme.

It’s only episode 1. I’ll give em a chance to not be fags.

2Shirts1Egg2

........pain in the ass
It really wasn't bad at all. I had a lot of doubts but they were all more or less alleviated. I liked GoT upto a the same point as everyone else, but I've been let down by shit endings to TV shows before so it wasn't the GoFundMe level apocalyptic disaster that it was for everyone else. I actually half knew in my heart it'd shit the bed and was quite amused how right i was and the vitriolic backlash it got.

- Matt Smith being a semi-convincing nutcase was a welcome surprise. Guy hosted the One show so thought he'd suck at this. He's not amazing but expectations weren't that high anyway.
- I normally don't give two shits about race in movies/TV but I was keen to find out how they were going to explain that this incestuous, purity driven dynasty having Tiquan Targaryen jammed into the family tree (He's got some different last name so I'm guessing one of the Targ daughters was a size queen, I was half hoping it'd be explained by someone saying that he has to be there to fill a quota).
- The wee girl looks a bit like a shit flinging gibbon.
- Rhys Ifans is great and i didn't even realise it was him in his 1st scene. His look whilst trying to pimp out his daughter to the king kinda reminded me of him in Twin Town, murdering a guy with his own garage door retractor.
- There are GoT references but it's done quite tamely. All the family names kinda put you in mind of it anyway. It's actually an example Vinny Gilligan could follow on not totally apefucking the lore to death, which was probably my biggest concern going in. I'd have to watch again to properly nitpick for shit like that and I can't be fucked

I guess if i had one gripe it'd be that it's kinda like 24. There's Jack Bauer, his sidekick who dies, his boss who gives him shit, turns face briefly then dies, Chloe, His bitch who loses a foot or whatever, the villain who dies, the overarching villain who gets a 500k fine, the traitor bitch, the expendable tech guy etc. All the same roles are there and the characters in them are more or less the same as before but just different actors. It doesn't feel all that much has changed in 176 odd years.

It will inevitably go to shit but for one hour of TV nowadays it was OK. I'm not recommending it unless you enjoyed GoT, which basically means I've wasted the last 5 minutes typing this out. Nice analysis, stupid

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
It’s all so tiresome and predictable isn’t it? Anyone who has any criticism about blackwashing automatically is a racist.

View attachment 61572
Dumb nig, nobody has a problem with rappers and athletes being rich, it's a fact of life.

It's that in the middle ages you wouldn't be wearing armor made of metal and living in a castle, you'd be sucking the poo poo from a gazelle's ass and worshipping a wooden figure some other darkie whittled.