• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

He's Done

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Please join my Ribly Fans to increase my clout πŸ₯°
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I loved that little dig he took at that writer's symposium. I'm sure if he cries enough about how it's not faaaair that popular writers get marketing, while shit writers get plugs on 100 view podcasts, he'll get his way one day.
He knew he fucked up after saying that. Pat was washing Scalzi's balls for weeks on Twitter following that panel

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I'm pretty certain the novel he doesn't talk about was pre-The Ark. I think he wrote something prior to The Ark and it never got picked up. He's mentioned it before.

It's definitely not Herd Immunity because he never finished that. He wrote a little bit and then quit on it.

He tweeted that the 1st book he wrote was the 4th published. This is likely to be Gate crashers.
Current theory is that he shopped it to Angry Robots who said no thanks. So he come up with his Children of a Dead Earth Trilogy for them.
Off the back of that he signed with TOR a 3 book advance deal.
So he polished his turd and submitted to one of the biggest publishing houses some shit that a little publisher wouldnt touch.
Doubled down with a sequel before being told: sir, don't do that.
Then dropped the steaming hammer that is In The Black.

Pat will argue the bookscan numbers, but they are pretty accurate for physical books sold.
Pat has also stated that he negotiated separate e-book and audiobook rights (which he has sold tens of thousands of, child).
So in a publishers eyes, the only numbers that would matter are the physical books sales.
In TOR's case its less than 2000 copies over 3 books in 3 years. His only benefit to them was writing off the loss against taxes.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I hope to god whatever editor he finds for charity work will FORCE him to remove the written accents from the book. It fucking pisses me off. As I explained to McGowan in another thread, YOU DONT FUCKING NEED IT! The story takes place in old England, everyone knows Tiny Tim is English, so if you were a good enough writer the reader would naturally read the lines in cockney English. Writing them as such literally FORCES the reader to do so, leaves no interpretation for them in how something sounds or is pronounced, and is a real lazy move.

TorquieTwoBeers

β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
He tweeted that the 1st book he wrote was the 4th published. This is likely to be Gate crashers.
Current theory is that he shopped it to Angry Robots who said no thanks. So he come up with his Children of a Dead Earth Trilogy for them.
Off the back of that he signed with TOR a 3 book advance deal.
So he polished his turd and submitted to one of the biggest publishing houses some shit that a little publisher wouldnt touch.
Doubled down with a sequel before being told: sir, don't do that.
Then dropped the steaming hammer that is In The Black.

Pat will argue the bookscan numbers, but they are pretty accurate for physical books sold.
Pat has also stated that he negotiated separate e-book and audiobook rights (which he has sold tens of thousands of, child).
So in a publishers eyes, the only numbers that would matter are the physical books sales.
In TOR's case its less than 2000 copies over 3 books in 3 years. His only benefit to them was writing off the loss against taxes.
When you stack it all up like that, he really looks like an incompetent boob!

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I hope to god whatever editor he finds for charity work will FORCE him to remove the written accents from the book. It fucking pisses me off. As I explained to McGowan in another thread, YOU DONT FUCKING NEED IT! The story takes place in old England, everyone knows Tiny Tim is English, so if you were a good enough writer the reader would naturally read the lines in cockney English. Writing them as such literally FORCES the reader to do so, leaves no interpretation for them in how something sounds or is pronounced, and is a real lazy move.
But what if the aliens that invade 1863 London come from different planets? Some may have thick Jupiter accents while others have that Martian twang.

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I'm pretty certain the novel he doesn't talk about was pre-The Ark. I think he wrote something prior to The Ark and it never got picked up. He's mentioned it before.

It's definitely not Herd Immunity because he never finished that. He wrote a little bit and then quit on it.
Bzzzzt. Wrong in every detail as always, stlaker. The bidding war is ongoing.

Screenshot_20231216_154530_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231216_154648_X.jpg

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
That would ruin the book completely. How are we supposed to know they are Londoners if its not actually written in authentic 19th century cockney? He thinks he'll nail it because he spent a couple days sightseeing around Leicester Square once. I'm desperate to see how long he can keep it up, and how inconsistent his rendering is. He completely lost track in the handful of paragraphs he showed. It will be the single most fantastically retarded thing he's ever done.
It's one of lifes greatest fucking tragedies that all the parts that would make this his magnum opus are the same things that will prevent it from ever being published in the first place.

Forum Clout
My theory is that by Wednesday he'll announce, "My editor said the draft is perfect child, not a single thing can be done to make it better". Then a Christmas release on fanfiction.net along with a 27 tweet screed about how trad publishing only caters to white cishet men and he will no longer be part of the problem.

Im 50/50 on that theory versus Jenna's theory that he can grift Lynne until next Christmas with this one. Well see!

Stent

If you are not a mod, do not pretend to be one
β€Ž
β€Ž
Forum Clout
My theory is that by Wednesday he'll announce, "My editor said the draft is perfect child, not a single thing can be done to make it better". Then a Christmas release on fanfiction.net along with a 27 tweet screed about how trad publishing only caters to white cishet men and he will no longer be part of the problem.

Im 50/50 on that theory versus Jenna's theory that he can grift Lynne until next Christmas with this one. Well see!
He knows he now has until next Christmas to produce something. He can even claim they bought it but are pushing it back to 2025.