• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

He's a science fiction writer in his early 40s and has never seen The Thing? How is this possible?

G

Pat probably didn't like it because there were no pop culture references, and the tension wasn't repeatedly made redundant by the characters making smarmy quips.

Had Patrick been in this movie, it would have been 2 hours of him hiding and calling the police.

"You have been instructed, many thousands of times, to cease imitating biological life. Continuing to do so constitutes interstellar felony. Do not infiltrate this laboratory again".
"Jesus, this...this  thing changes more than Trump lies."

(three people are brutally massacred)

"I would not want to be on the cleanup crew for this."

Mark Ruffalo is Mac now, and he is very bisexual.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I'm not into gory horror films, but the very first Saw, Hostel, and The Thing were the only exceptions that I respected. And of those three, The Thing is the only one I can rewatch.

The way it plays up tension, mood, and paranoia is so rare for an 80's film, let alone an 80's horror film. I think I appreciate it because it's done with practical effects, and well, I might add. Then you have that ending - there's no happiness or hope. You have two men who don't believe each other is who they say they are, and the movie doesn't quite tell you either at that point. You're left with something open ended, but at it's word, it's an acceptance that a mutual death is better than risking something so dangerous getting loose into the world. Fucking great.

Pat is the very same audience in the 1980's that caused that movie to bomb. Go watch ET instead for the seventieth time, you nonce.

G

I'm not into gory horror films, but the very first Saw, Hostel, and The Thing were the only exceptions that I respected. And of those three, The Thing is the only one I can rewatch.

The way it plays up tension, mood, and paranoia is so rare for an 80's film, let alone an 80's horror film. I think I appreciate it because it's done with practical effects, and well, I might add. Then you have that ending - there's no happiness or hope. You have two men who don't believe each other is who they say they are, and the movie doesn't quite tell you either at that point. You're left with something open ended, but at it's word, it's an acceptance that a mutual death is better than risking something so dangerous getting loose into the world. Fucking great.

Pat is the very same audience in the 1980's that caused that movie to bomb. Go watch ET instead for the seventieth time, you nonce.
It's interesting what's held up and what hasn't from that year. The Thing and Blade Runner still slap. I saw E.T. once and thought it was gay, plus who talks about it anymore? Wrath of Khan is fine, but not my favorite Star Trek movie. Tron is fucking gay but people still like it for some reason.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
It's interesting what's held up and what hasn't from that year. The Thing and Blade Runner still slap. I saw E.T. once and thought it was gay, plus who talks about it anymore? Wrath of Khan is fine, but not my favorite Star Trek movie. Tron is fucking gay but people still like it for some reason.

I've never liked E.T. Why it gets held up as a bastion of cinema, I will never understand. Maybe it's just the Spielberg factor, but he's done far better movies than that. The 80's really are overrated.

Wrath of Khan is another one - solid movie but not a great Star Trek one. III is actually a better Star Trek film, even if it's smaller in scope, and the first one is great if you only watch The Directors Edition.

And Tron has always been shit.

G

I've never liked E.T. Why it gets held up as a bastion of cinema, I will never understand. Maybe it's just the Spielberg factor, but he's done far better movies than that. The 80's really are overrated.

Wrath of Khan is another one - solid movie but not a great Star Trek one. III is actually a better Star Trek film, even if it's smaller in scope, and the first one is great if you only watch The Directors Edition.

I've truly enjoyed maybe 3 Spielberg movies, tbphwy. Not my thing. But those are two of my favorite Star Trek movies, the other being 6. The first one is the best, I bought the 4k release last month. It's really good.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout

I think it's an age thing. One of my earliest memories is going to the movie theater with my grandparents and crying my eyes out to E.T. like a little faggot. I didn't watch it again for years but it always stuck with me for some reason. Like so many 80's movies I think you just had to be the right age and in the right place for them to sink into you forever.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
"Jesus, this...this  thing changes more than Trump lies."

(three people are brutally massacred)

"I would not want to be on the cleanup crew for this."

Mark Ruffalo is Mac now, and he is very bisexual.
"Yeah, it's an arctic lab! Look it up!"

"Do you know how many times it has imitated YEEEEEW?! DOYOUHAVEANYIDEA!"

Forum Clout
even his sci-fi fan shtick is a LARP
I guarantee Fat Pat with his 1.7 GPA high school “education” knows nothing of the literary history of Sci-Fi such as Francis Bacon’s “New Atlantis”, Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Balloon Hoax”, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, etc. For Pat, it’s all pop culture circa 1980’s films to current Woke nonsense.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
I guarantee Fat Pat with his 1.7 GPA high school “education” knows nothing of the literary history of Sci-Fi such as Francis Bacon’s “New Atlantis”, Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Balloon Hoax”, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, etc. For Pat, it’s all pop culture circa 1980’s films to current Woke nonsense.

If Mike Hodges' Flash Gordon is the epitome of science fiction to someone, they should fucking kill themselves.

George Pal's science fiction films, be it War of the Worlds, Conquest of Space, When Worlds Collide or The Time Machine - not even forgetting Destination Moon - may be hokey rubbish but have far more heart to them than colorful glam-camp backed by Queen (no offence, Freddy).

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
Screen-Shot-2022-10-24-at-14-31-47.png

Bet admitting this must have secretly riled Pat up.

Screen-Shot-2022-10-24-at-14-32-56.png

Screen-Shot-2022-10-24-at-14-33-06.png

d3xo-ID11-400x400.jpg

Fuck this ugly cunt for making me agree with Pat.

His cunty attitude is actually warrented here.

This bitch needs a good childing.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
I bet his protective mom wouldnt let pat watch anything past PG13 because he is a special boy and doesnt need those evil thoughts in his head. Turns out he still grew into a psycho retard without the help of scary movies.

Of course he watches it for the first time but acts like he has known about these fun facts for 40 years.

1666622806235.png

It wasnt even an hour past when he watched it for the first time and he is already jumping on the most cliche talking point that he will now continue to bring up at least once a year like he has been a fan since childhood.

1666623079092.png