Fawkin' bruuutal video. Pat bombs on stage (literally no one laughs) and then admits he's not an actual comic.

G

A Fat Man was literally dropped on that crowd.
050401-F-1234P-009.jpeg

> It’s amazing how he doesn’t realize his normal behavior his hilarious but couldn’t be funny if he tried.

I was just thinking about this today.

The funniest comment that I could think of now might get 3 or 4 digital upvotes. But Pat? He can get HUNDREDS of people interacting with every single banal Twitter comment he makes! He is making literally hundreds of people laugh every single day.

Of course, his dream is that these reactions will be from people who respect him for his writing, his comedy, his unique brand of political snark and his undeniable intelligence - none of which will ever, ever happen.

So who wins? Certainly not Pat, traipsing through life in those leaden clown shoes of his, choosing to be a right cunt rather than a happy one.

It's like if David Brent were an actual person rather than a comic creation. It's very meta, isn't it?

EraGodless

God damn...those pauses for laughter and nothing happens. I felt itchy watching it.
tbf, there was a cough (or clearing of throat for one), and audible groans- and cars speeding by in the background.

edit: Now that I've listened to it for the 100x time, the sheer lack of laughter/sound, is funny in and of itself.

He's like the comedian at The Bing or old folks home (RETIREMENT COMMUNITY) in the Sopranos-- except somehow worse.

Pringle Can Lothario

Sir...don't do that!
tbf, there was a cough (or clearing of throat for one), and audible groans- and cars speeding by in the background.

edit: Now that I've listened to it for the 100x time, the sheer lack of laughter/sound, is funny in and of itself.

He's like the comedian at The Bing or old folks home (RETIREMENT COMMUNITY) in the Sopranos-- except somehow worse.
MAXIMUM security...work with me here, folks.

Will Tate

Oven March
Yes, he said that on Norm/11, in the same thread he said Norm wasn't funny.

View attachment 11221
Fucking pathetic how at going on 42 years old he dedicates his time to manufacturing a false persona online. It's his number one priority--not his wife, it's not his home, it's not his health, it's not his education, it's sure as shit not his writing career if the quality of his output is any indication. There's nothing more important to him than jacking into his Twitter Matrix and no longer being the fat, worthless, lazy, fat, insipid, uneducated, fat, unbalanced, fat piece of human refuse known as Patrick S. Tomlinson (SFWA member and defender of pedophiles everywhere), no, now he's the Stealthy Geek, Twitter superhero and all-around bad-ass. His earliest tweets make this perfectly clear, he narrates his own psychotic break, much in the same way he photographically documents how fat he is.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.

On first watch I thought the audience sound had been edited out and that was the bit. Then I heard the cough and I realized Pat was in the middle of the greatest bombing in standup history. I wish Jamie Foxx had been there to voice his internal monologue.

G

The Bing comedian talking about the Balkans is so bad it’s funny. Not so much here.

Silvio probably would have garroted him while looking very displeased. Measures were taken...

G

Fucking pathetic how at going on 42 years old he dedicates his time to manufacturing a false persona online. It's his number one priority--not his wife, it's not his home, it's not his health, it's not his education, it's sure as shit not his writing career if the quality of his output is any indication. There's nothing more important to him than jacking into his Twitter Matrix and no longer being the fat, worthless, lazy, fat, insipid, uneducated, fat, unbalanced, fat piece of human refuse known as Patrick S. Tomlinson (SFWA member and defender of pedophiles everywhere), no, now he's the Stealthy Geek, Twitter superhero and all-around bad-ass. His earliest tweets make this perfectly clear, he narrates his own psychotic break, much in the same way he photographically documents how fat he is.
You forgot to mention that he’s kinda portly. I’m just saying.