Chad Elite Opie vs Virgin Long Island Ant

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I do give credit. Opie was the genius behind Cat-Noise Wednesday and Rock Scream Tuesday and Is Tom Alive Friday. K-Rock would actually air promos that O&A would voice promoting with out any sense of irony, that "on the show tomorrow, CAT NOISE WEDNESDAY".

This was during a time where the show was syndicated on a dozen stations. When affiliates started dropping like flies I wasn't at all surprised.

So yeah I give Opie 100% credit for making the show what it was.
But daily race rants and wacky impressions and slide whistles were just fine, funsters.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Who made the homeless shopping spree, funster? Who started WOW, funster? Who started radio wars, funster? Who started jocktober, funster? Who started the cult like fanbase, funster? Who started uncomfortable interviews, funster? Who brought homeless charlie into the studio, funster? Who did cakestomp, funster? Who did sex for sam, funster? Who did the Boston mayor prank, funster? Who defended JV and Elvis, funster? Who threw the poker chips, funster?

Tell me how this is contributing less than sssshhwwwOOOOOOwOOOwOOOO (GET IT??? ITS LIKE POPPING A BONER!!!) DING DING DING DING DING (GET IT??? SOMETHING RACIST WAS SAID!!!!)

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Opie: Hey we’re gonna do this really funny bit where we say the mayor was killed in a car accident and we’ll give increasingly bizarre and defamatory details.

Anthony, in a hang over: What? Yeah sure whatever. Fucking Opie. Always having to be the fucking boss. Fucking girrrrlll shit.

Opie was 95% of the show, funster. All Anthony did was act like a little nigger on a chain clapping symbols while the brothaman steered the ship. Fucking Norton contributed more to the show than the ghoul.

Who made the homeless shopping spree, funster? Who started WOW, funster? Who started radio wars, funster? Who started jocktober, funster? Who started the cult like fanbase, funster? Who started uncomfortable interviews, funster? Who brought homeless charlie into the studio, funster? Who did cakestomp, funster? Who did sex for sam, funster? Who did the Boston mayor prank, funster? Who defended JV and Elvis, funster? Who threw the poker chips, funster?

Tell me how this is contributing less than sssshhwwwOOOOOOwOOOwOOOO (GET IT??? ITS LIKE POPPING A BONER!!!) DING DING DING DING DING (GET IT??? SOMETHING RACIST WAS SAID!!!!)

Ah yes, Cakestomp and Poker chips. Comedy genius right here, folks.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
WWWOOOOOOooooooWWWWooooo (GET IT ??? ITS LIKE POPPING A BONER!!!!) DING DING DING DING (GET IT??? SOMETHING RACIST WAS SAID!!!!!) They left off the “PID” AAHAHAHAHAA HOLEE SHIT THAT WAS A FUCKIN QUICK ONE THAT WAS A FUCKIN GEM FOLKS ANTHONY IS THE FUNNIEST FUCKIN GUY IN RADIO

I have yet to hear a single example of what Anthony did that is so exemplary of his comedic genius

If you're being serious here, you never listened to any full show. Your entire knowledge is based of a handful of YouTube clips. As somebody who was a listener since 1998 and worked there every day from 2004 to 2012 I can unequivocally tell you how absolutely bonkers of a statement that is.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
If you're being serious here, you never listened to any full show. Your entire knowledge is based of a handful of YouTube clips. As somebody who was a listener since 1998 and worked there every day from 2004 to 2012 I can unequivocally tell you how absolutely bonkers of a statement that is.
I can’t provide an example but there are many i cant cite because i’m just smarter and a bigger fan than you. No I have no bias speaking that I slept over at his house nightly.

I can’t provide an example but there are many i cant cite because i’m just smarter and a bigger fan than you. No I have no bias speaking that I slept over at his house nightly.

Listen to any full show. Count the laughs. Now tally up who was responsible. Do this for a couple of shows and get back to me.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Listen to any full show. Count the laughs. Now tally up who was responsible. Do this for a couple of shows and get back to me.
From who? You, his faggot butt buddy he was paying to be a friend? Jimmy, who laughed like how a girl does when she has a crush on a guy? I’ve heard Opie spit countless funny lines only to get a fucking 0 from the room. I wonder why that is. It’s almost like when you’re all shit talking a guy 24/7 and portraying him as a burden on the show you cant give him an ounce of credit. Like you’re still doing a decade later.

JebJoh

This is true. The things I always go back and listen to is the show talking about TV, movies, etc. The only one that Opie brought that wasn't garbage was him catching Barry Williams Branson variety show which led to Yakovs dinner adventure. Anything else he ever brought was Jon and Kate, 90 Day Fiancee, and similar trash. He knew all the soccer mom shit by heart.
Pretty sure Sam brought all that crap to the show. Maybe at opie’s behest but it seemed like he had to explain a lot of it to opie as they went.

JebJoh

Those were all amusing radio bits that filled hours upon hours of air time. If nana was able to pipe up once in awhile with a columbo reference it was an extra minute of slacking off for him.