Can we get the court to allow cameras?

RoxburyRick

Ok so Sosnay is Branch 8. That IS on the list of streamable court rooms. There is nothing on it right now, but it could just be that nothing was scheduled. I think it's in the interest of Da sub that brothermen check in on this website ( https://www.wicourts.gov/courts/livestream.htm ) every morning and select branch 8 to see if it is streaming and what kind of hearings are being streamed

The Court Rules seem to suggest yes, he just needs to ask permission three days before.

There is a line about only news media being allowed to record, but the rules were written in 1970, and I suspect a more modern interpretation would include Dan's podcast.

Dan, if you're listening, take the receipts for Pat's arrest, his high school diploma, some violent tweets etc. with you. If the judge asks you why you want to record, tell him Pat's a popular sci-fi writer with 55k Twitter followers and so there's interest in things like his arrest for threatening his wife and child.... With a bit of luck Pat will interrupt and correcT the record at that point, and if can you prove that he's a liar to the judge before the hearing even starts it'll hurt Pat's case.
The first amendment says everyone is media and no Wisconsin state law or Milwaukee city ordinance can trump the Constitution.

Dennis Denuto

It's the vibe
Ok so Sosnay is Branch 8. That IS on the list of streamable court rooms. There is nothing on it right now, but it could just be that nothing was scheduled. I think it's in the interest of Da sub that brothermen check in on this website ( https://www.wicourts.gov/courts/livestream.htm ) every morning and select branch 8 to see if it is streaming and what kind of hearings are being streamed
I have a feeling that if that does get streamed Pat will get the court to shut that shit off

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Or you can contact the clerk and get confirmation rather than leaving it to chance. And then Tony Aria if you want to know how to bring your own camera in.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Or you can contact the clerk and get confirmation rather than leaving it to chance. And then Tony Aria if you want to know how to bring your own camera in.
Even just requesting it be streamed might do the trick.

And fuck Tony Aria; there's no way an employee for a news organisation can be the gatekeeper for media access to the courts. What if a rival channel is chasing up a lead; are they supposed to tip him off? Go through the clerk.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Even just requesting it be streamed might do the trick.

And fuck Tony Aria; there's no way an employee for a news organisation can be the gatekeeper for media access to the courts. What if a rival channel is chasing up a lead; are they supposed to tip him off? Go through the clerk.
So Aria’s channel ends up covering it? Huge win