• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

BREAKING NEWS -‘The Office’ Follow-Up!

G

Yeah I’m still surprised it seems to be more popular now than when it was on TV. It started when I was in college and my first job out every Friday morning myself and a couple others would talk about last nights episode (Carrell hadn’t left yet) because this when having Netflix meant they mailed you dvds so you had to watch it live on Thursday 9pm to talk about on Friday. Crazy to think there was a time when NBC owned Thursday night for over 30 years. Now nobody gives a shit when your TV show is on.

I liked it (I actually had seen the British one before the US started because I had a friend who had the BBC DVDs) but never thought it was brilliant. Anybody saying that is ridiculous - it was funny and had its moments but we all know it ended when Carrell left - those last couple seasons were complete dog shit.

What I’m always confused about is why so many die hard fans WONT watch the UK one. It’s not like it’s hard to find and you would think they would want to see where they got ideas from / how similar and different they are etc. but I ask “huge” office fans if they’ve seen the original and they have no interest. David Brent is a great character and at least Steve Carrell didn’t try to do a David Brent impression. The UK one is better but I can see a lot of the zoomer / female fans of the US ones not “get it” or think it’s “mean”
The UK one doesn't have bright colors or wacky yelling so it's not as good.
This is genuinely the best acting I've seen in anything. It's so realistic, with the drunk idiots, egos, etc you get on a night out:
[MEDIA=youtube]P-2BFjSMVsU[/MEDIA]

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
This is true, but the studios/execs used to actually take risks on unknown properties, original ideas or not. Now they won't fund something unless it's a sure thing with an already established fanbase. Really, the retarded NPC masses are to blame, because if unknown/unproven shit made money, the (((execs))) would be throwing money at it, but people only want a safe thing they're already familiar with. Even with bullshit like junkfood, you never see a company releasing a new brand, it's always some off-shoot of an established brand. "Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles". "Coca-Cola Starlight" "Reese's Greek Yogurt". Retards have such a devotion to established brand symbols that it almost comes off like some occult shit.
The studios. There are obviously plenty of greedy, artistically devoid leeches who only care about the earning potential but there are still plenty of us who want to make something new/different/hopefully good but for a variety of shitty reasons they don’t want to give you the money to do so anymore. The general public are retards. That’s the problem.

Stent

Ancyent Marinere
Forum Clout
The UK one doesn't have bright colors or wacky yelling so it's not as good.
This is genuinely the best acting I've seen in anything. It's so realistic, with the drunk idiots, egos, etc you get on a night out:

Did you ever watch The Royle Family?

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
After The Ofifce, so many other shitty, bland shows did the documentary style of show where the characters would privately talk to the camera crew. Modern Family, Parks and Rec... but those shows never mentioned a documentary. So it made even less sense.
hollywood loves that concept because the audience of shows like the office are all too stupid to realize the humor is all punching down. It's basically the entertainment business portraying anyone working a real job as a collection of fat, weird, maladjusted losers who they mock through the 'Cool Guy' Jim.

Even the stuff making fun of Andy for constantly mentioning going to Cornell. The writers went to Harvard and Brown so it's them mocking him like "could you believe thinking going to Cornell is some big accomplishment? huhuhuhuh". Also the rich gentiles they had as classmates.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
After The Ofifce, so many other shitty, bland shows did the documentary style of show where the characters would privately talk to the camera crew. Modern Family, Parks and Rec... but those shows never mentioned a documentary. So it made even less sense.
They made fun on this in Veep on HBO. Where the Vice President's daughter is shooting a documentary one season. And she catches the most insanely inappropriate moments. Including her mother having sex with another politician in one of the lounges during a charity fundraiser.
What is your favorite German expression.
Heil Hitler.