• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

BREAKING NEWS -‘The Office’ Follow-Up!

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
It's not the masses telling them to make say, a "Robin Hood and his Merry Men" movie every 20 years or so though...these niggas have a religion, and the stories they base their movies on have occult/esoteric teachings

I don’t think it’s that sinister. Robin Hood is public domain and highly recognizable. He’s a safe bet.

It’s part of the reason Disney is doing everything they can to make sure Mickey Mouse doesn’t fall into Public Domain and Warner Brothers doing the same with Superman/Batman.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I've tried to watch The Office and I just think it sucks. People are like "you don't get it because you've never worked in an office setting." I've never worked at a radio station but I like News Radio. I've never been a black kid from Philadelphia living in Bel Air and I like Fresh Prince. Barney Miller wasn't made just for cops. So yeah, it's not that I don't get it. It's that the style of humor is very gay and it sucks.

Stent

Ancyent Marinere
Forum Clout
What I never understood was how it's supposed to be a documentary crew filming them but then that simply kinda goes away. We're expected to think they look at and talk to cameras with nobody on the other side or something.

There's also two new Lord of the Rings movies being made. We're entering the age of millennial nostalgia. Time for that Opie and Anthony reunion!

G

What I never understood was how it's supposed to be a documentary crew filming them but then that simply kinda goes away. We're expected to think they look at and talk to cameras with nobody on the other side or something.

There's also two new Lord of the Rings movies being made. We're entering the age of millennial nostalgia. Time for that Opie and Anthony reunion!
After The Ofifce, so many other shitty, bland shows did the documentary style of show where the characters would privately talk to the camera crew. Modern Family, Parks and Rec... but those shows never mentioned a documentary. So it made even less sense.

Stent

Ancyent Marinere
Forum Clout
After The Ofifce, so many other shitty, bland shows did the documentary style of show where the characters would privately talk to the camera crew. Modern Family, Parks and Rec... but those shows never mentioned a documentary. So it made even less sense.
I could almost give it a pass for being a fly on the wall kind of thing but they would have breaks where a single character would obviously sit alone behind a closed door and talk directly into the camera.

I hate to think what faggots those actors were discussing their character with the writers. "You know, I feel that my character wouldn't say that... "

Their character:

0*Xz-_cHSO6txphvHt.png

G

I could almost give it a pass for being a fly on the wall kind of thing but they would have breaks where a single character would obviously sit alone behind a closed door and talk directly into the camera.

I hate to think what faggots those actors were discussing their character with the writers. "You know, I feel that my character wouldn't say that... "

Their character:

0*Xz-_cHSO6txphvHt.png
I wonder if this show shaped the personality of every smug faggot redditor.

Stent

Ancyent Marinere
Forum Clout
I wonder if this show shaped the personality of every smug faggot redditor.
Reddit used to love it. By now it's probably considered to be hu-white cis heteronormative propaganda. Dwight was neurodiverse!

I don't even know if they had a single gay character. That's almost impossible to consider today. Dwight's girlfriend should've had pink hair and an adam's apple.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
Reddit used to love it. By now it's probably considered to be hu-white cis heteronormative propaganda. Dwight was neurodiverse!

I don't even know if they had a single gay character. That's almost impossible to consider today. Dwight's girlfriend should've had pink hair and an adam's apple.
Oscar was gay. There was an entire episode about it.

Forum Clout

Based Tolkien family not letting them rape his original material so they have to make up gay fanfic stories that are going to fucking bomb

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout

It doesn't make sense, but by that point audiences were willing to accept the mockumentary format as just part of the grammar of sitcom.

It's like a laugh track on a single camera sitcom. Where is that sound supposed to be coming from?

The idea that anyone is wondering 'whatever happened to the documentary crew from the office? I liked those guys!' is ridiculous, however. After one or two series, nobody thought there was a crew, it was just a style.

G

It doesn't make sense, but by that point audiences were willing to accept the mockumentary format as just part of the grammar of sitcom.

It's like a laugh track on a single camera sitcom. Where is that sound supposed to be coming from?

The idea that anyone is wondering 'whatever happened to the documentary crew from the office? I liked those guys!' is ridiculous, however. After one or two series, nobody thought there was a crew, it was just a style.
I googled this and apparently in the last season of the office they made the documentary crew part of the cast:

The idea was to show the camera crew for the first time in the show's final season, but an added twist here was that Brian (played by Chris Diamantopoulos) was actually secretly in love with Pam, and their relationship threatened to drive a wedge even further between Jim and Pam.

[BOC][/BOC]

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I've tried to watch The Office and I just think it sucks. People are like "you don't get it because you've never worked in an office setting." I've never worked at a radio station but I like News Radio. I've never been a black kid from Philadelphia living in Bel Air and I like Fresh Prince. Barney Miller wasn't made just for cops. So yeah, it's not that I don't get it. It's that the style of humor is very gay and it sucks.
Zoomers fucking. love. the Office. It is infuriating. I fucking hate it so much. Everyone i’ve met under the age of 30 thinks its genius and the best funniest show they’ve ever seen. And when you tell them its stupid dog shit they DO go “Heh, you don’t get it”, except the reason i’ve gotten is about it’s “smart humor”….

YOU MEAN SARCASM, IRONY, AND CRINGE HUMOR? WOW. Thats concepts i have NEVER seen before on TV. Now every fucking young person thinks being sarcastic is like the most intelligent comedy.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Zoomers fucking. love. the Office. It is infuriating. I fucking hate it so much. Everyone i’ve met under the age of 30 thinks its genius and the best funniest show they’ve ever seen. And when you tell them its stupid dog shit they DO go “Heh, you don’t get it”, except the reason i’ve gotten is about it’s “smart humor”….

YOU MEAN SARCASM, IRONY, AND CRINGE HUMOR? WOW. Thats concepts i have NEVER seen before on TV. Now every fucking young person thinks being sarcastic is like the most intelligent comedy.
Yeah I’m still surprised it seems to be more popular now than when it was on TV. It started when I was in college and my first job out every Friday morning myself and a couple others would talk about last nights episode (Carrell hadn’t left yet) because this when having Netflix meant they mailed you dvds so you had to watch it live on Thursday 9pm to talk about on Friday. Crazy to think there was a time when NBC owned Thursday night for over 30 years. Now nobody gives a shit when your TV show is on.

I liked it (I actually had seen the British one before the US started because I had a friend who had the BBC DVDs) but never thought it was brilliant. Anybody saying that is ridiculous - it was funny and had its moments but we all know it ended when Carrell left - those last couple seasons were complete dog shit.

What I’m always confused about is why so many die hard fans WONT watch the UK one. It’s not like it’s hard to find and you would think they would want to see where they got ideas from / how similar and different they are etc. but I ask “huge” office fans if they’ve seen the original and they have no interest. David Brent is a great character and at least Steve Carrell didn’t try to do a David Brent impression. The UK one is better but I can see a lot of the zoomer / female fans of the US ones not “get it” or think it’s “mean”

Last edited: