Bands who had one good album, but suck otherwise

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!

You're a fucking liar, and I love you.

Also, funny you put down Calling All Stations - my Rolling Stone interview dropped today. Did it a while back with a fella named Andy Greene, who described the new interview series of his as "conversations with singers who had the difficult task of replacing iconic frontmen". He calls it King for A Day.

I'm sure Gary Cherone will be next (no, he wouldn't tell me who else he talked to, but... Come the Fuck on.)

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Hard disagree on Nirvana and GnR.

In Utero isn't as good front to back as Nevermind but it's pretty God damn good with plenty of classic tracks.

Appetite is so good nothing else could come close, but the best songs from both Use Your Illusions would make a hell of an album. Not sure if you're counting Lies since it's not a real album album but I could listen to half of it over and over. Post UYI can fuck right off though.
I like In Utero more than Nevermind, but the Use Your Illusion albums just stink on ice to me. I'm biased because I think Axl sounds like shit anyway. I don't like gingers.

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
You're a fucking liar, and I love you.

Also, funny you put down Calling All Stations - my Rolling Stone interview dropped today. Did it a while back with a fella named Andy Greene, who described the new interview series of his as "conversations with singers who had the difficult task of replacing iconic frontmen". He calls it King for A Day.

I'm sure Gary Cherone will be next (no, he wouldn't tell me who else he talked to, but... Come the Fuck on.)

Fawk, took you long enough.

To be fair, I typed in "Ray Wilson" in YouTube, and grabbed the first clip that popped up.

UnPRePared

Fawk, took you long enough.

To be fair, I typed in "Ray Wilson" in YouTube, and grabbed the first clip that popped up.

Been a busy few days, lad. And if I can be honest, I was sort of processing the finished article.

They reached out to me quite a while ago, and gave me some time before we did the interview. I don't mind revisiting that period in my life, there's just as many good memories as there are bad, but I decided if it was going to be in that big of a publication - especially over in America - I needed a refresher.

So I actually dug out my old notes from that time, talked with Steve and some other long time close friends to make sure I wasn't looking at anything through a broken glass of time, or to protect my ego. It was interesting being reminded of what I had forgotten - Tony Smith's words to me before we left the stage at the last show, or that he called me first to say it was over (Tony Banks DID call me, but I forgot it was Smith first), even how keen Mike was after the tour to get back in the studio and jump into another album as a cohesive unit - and by that time, we really were.

Anyway, just sharing that with you fellas.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Been a busy few days, lad. And if I can be honest, I was sort of processing the finished article.

They reached out to me quite a while ago, and gave me some time before we did the interview. I don't mind revisiting that period in my life, there's just as many good memories as there are bad, but I decided if it was going to be in that big of a publication - especially over in America - I needed a refresher.

So I actually dug out my old notes from that time, talked with Steve and some other long time close friends to make sure I wasn't looking at anything through a broken glass of time, or to protect my ego. It was interesting being reminded of what I had forgotten - Tony Smith's words to me before we left the stage at the last show, or that he called me first to say it was over (Tony Banks DID call me, but I forgot it was Smith first), even how keen Mike was after the tour to get back in the studio and jump into another album as a cohesive unit - and by that time, we really were.

Anyway, just sharing that with you fellas.
I actually read the article, good stuff. I’m glad they mentioned how Ray Wilson / calling all stations era is not at all brought up in the recent Genesis documentary that was said to be the “whole story”

The “King for a day” interview series could be interesting, John Corabi of Motley Crue, Ripper Owens for Judas Priest, Tony Martin for Black Sabbath, or even the guy that was supposed to replace Sammy Hagar in Van Halen until the label made them go with Gary.

UnPRePared

I actually read the article, good stuff. I’m glad they mentioned how Ray Wilson / calling all stations era is not at all brought up in the recent Genesis documentary that was said to be the “whole story”

The “King for a day” interview series could be interesting, John Corabi of Motley Crue, Ripper Owens for Judas Priest, Tony Martin for Black Sabbath, or even the guy that was supposed to replace Sammy Hagar in Van Halen until the label made them go with Gary.

Yeah, the book I have no problem with, but the actual documentary was problematic. Lots of things were cut from it, and you know something, I don't even fucking care nowadays if you want to cut me from something like that - documentaries only have so much time, and my tenure was very brief :image_9247_m:

But what they did to Steve Hackett on that? It angered me. I love the man, and he was always my favorite part of the albums he was on. When I first picked up "A Trick of the Tail" as a young man, he was what got me into the album. I don't care if they made most of their money with "Invisible Touch" - "Nursery Cryme" to "Wind and Wuthering" is an amazing run of quality I would bloody well kill to have.

If anything, I'm glad I got to say that on a bigger stage, as well as speak up for Tony Banks, who most of you know I've long defended. Good chap.

Uncle Ruckus

Daniel Mullen from insightsoftware is a pedophile
Weezer is awesome. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
I said they had one good album and was deliberately vague. The blue album of course. Pinkerton was a good edgy choice when I was 13 but is gay kid shit at this point. "but why cant I be making love to you...pink triangle on a sleeve, let me know the truth...i wanna go back, and I don't even know how I got off the track" yuck. It's the type of music that only makes sense when you're going through puberty, then is embarrassing immediately after. Green and red albums had 2-4 good songs each. Then what? Nothing from these faggots since.

I'm tired of thinking these faggots have any talent left. I used to get excited every new release. They're done. Even that cover album they had sucked. They ruined a toto Africa cover, talentless hacks.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I said they had one good album and was deliberately vague. The blue album of course. Pinkerton was a good edgy choice when I was 13 but is gay kid shit at this point. "but why cant I be making love to you...pink triangle on a sleeve, let me know the truth...i wanna go back, and I don't even know how I got off the track" yuck. It's the type of music that only makes sense when you're going through puberty, then is embarrassing immediately after. Green and red albums had 2-4 good songs each. Then what? Nothing from these faggots since.

I'm tired of thinking these faggots have any talent left. I used to get excited every new release. They're done. Even that cover album they had sucked. They ruined a toto Africa cover, talentless hacks.

"Suzanne" is their only great song.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot

White Album and Everything Will be Alright in the End are both pretty good

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Stoneroses.jpg
Fuckin great album.

Carl Winslow

I'm not a Fed
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

One of the best last albums ever made. Karen O had tons of talent. Heard she was a drunk? later albums were not that good to very shit.

Love Fever to Tell! so simple but so perfect.