Bands who had one good album, but suck otherwise

Staind_Dysfunction.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Weezer definitely doesn’t qualify. Bush might though, they had like seven #1 hits on their debut album and I don’t even know I’d they made another one.
You’re right, that bush album (sixteen stone I think?) was great but really dropped off after. They had a couple singles here and there but nothing like that first album.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The Knack - Get the Knack
Graham Parker - Shooting Out Spatks
Hootie and The Blowfish - first album ..... Cant think of the name of it
Men at Work - Business as Usual
Richard and Linda Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Cracked rear view was the Hootie, I think it sold over 10 million copies. crazy how they become so huge so quick. Especially right after Grunge, that whole “college band rock” of them and Dave Matthews Band

B

Brotherman, the second album is genius, just in a different way. And their singles from before the first album are great. Actually, their two reunion songs are good(not great) for only half the band wanting to do it (really just Ian Brown). Ians solo records keep getting better. He's personally cool as shit. Lemons. Dude, please delete this.
It's not in the same league as the debut though is it. Bands who take too much time over a follow up normally don't ever get close.

Sex pistols were a punk boy band who blew up as soon as they got big. Can't really even say they did anything past their debut. Massive impact considering.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
It's not in the same league as the debut though is it.

I'd say it is, just different kind of music. I started on them with "Love Spreads" and eventually got the first album on cassette to check it out. At first I thought it was garbage and it went in the box under my bed for like a year til I tried it again and realized it was genius. After that I kept my drivers license in the cassette tape case and carried that around with me everywhere.

Udders

Great food
Hard disagree on Nirvana and GnR.

In Utero isn't as good front to back as Nevermind but it's pretty God damn good with plenty of classic tracks.

Appetite is so good nothing else could come close, but the best songs from both Use Your Illusions would make a hell of an album. Not sure if you're counting Lies since it's not a real album album but I could listen to half of it over and over. Post UYI can fuck right off though.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
The aughts was definitely the faggiest era for music since disco. In fact, a lot of it reminds me of shitty disco.

Lost his vocal chords in a car crash. Became the greatest ghost writer in rap history.

the-doc-no-one-can-do-it-better-cover.jpg