• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any of you see Anthony Kiedis on Rogan?

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Joe starts telling Anthony that "Under The Bridge" was amazing the other night when they closed with it. AK sorta nods. Joe goes on about how it's such a great song and asks if they close with it every night. AK says they mix it up. Joe says "I would think that you'd have to close with it every day, I mean bla bla bla."

Turns out, they didn't even play it at the show Toe was at(they rarely play it) and AK didn't even call him out on it.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Joe starts telling Anthony that "Under The Bridge" was amazing the other night when they closed with it. AK sorta nods. Joe goes on about how it's such a great song and asks if they close with it every night. AK says they mix it up. Joe says "I would think that you'd have to close with it every day, I mean bla bla bla."

Turns out, they didn't even play it at the show Toe was at(they rarely play it) and AK didn't even call him out on it.
I would love to believe this but how tf is it possible for them to do a show and not play that song at any point? That seems far fetched

Smeckler's Powder

I was at a Pixie’s show way back and about two lines into Where Is My Mind, Frank Black stopped and just said “I fucking hate this song”. Then he continued.

Musicians must be sick to death of their hits. Makes sense why they wouldn’t play it all the time.

You just gotta give some stuff a breather for awhile sometimes. Oasis has not played Wonderwall on a bunch of tours. I saw CSN and those dipshits didn't play Suite Judy Blue Eyes. I think even more than a particular song, playing the same setlist every day for 300 shows seems mind numbing I don't know why so many bands don't mix it up night to night more, my band hasn't played anywhere near that frequency of shows and we almost never play the same set twice in a row.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
You just gotta give some stuff a breather for awhile sometimes. Oasis has not played Wonderwall on a bunch of tours. I saw CSN and those dipshits didn't play Suite Judy Blue Eyes. I think even more than a particular song, playing the same setlist every day for 300 shows seems mind numbing I don't know why so many bands don't mix it up night to night more, my band hasn't played anywhere near that frequency of shows and we almost never play the same set twice in a row.
Not trying to be rude but you don’t have hit songs that fans demand to hear night after night. I agree with Opie in the fact that play your fawkin hits and not the new stuff if you’re past your prime. Nobody wants to hear songs off the new REO Speedwagon album. We want to fawkin hear Don’t Stop Believin!

G

Not trying to be rude but you don’t have hit songs that fans demand to hear night after night. I agree with Opie in the fact that play your fawkin hits and not the new stuff if you’re past your prime. Nobody wants to hear songs off the new REO Speedwagon album. We want to fawkin hear Don’t Stop Believin!
You can pick and choose with some of the other big hits if you've got enough of them, but you're a dick if you skip the biggest one. Metallica might not do Battery every night, but they're still playing Sandman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer

Hahahaha imagine being too afraid to call out a faggot “comedian” like Rogan on that

Smeckler's Powder

Opester was talking about Neil Young not playing anything he knows and I would say that's more on Opester than Neil Young. Crazy artist types with shitloads of material are not the same as Warrant not playing Cherry Pie. I watched Prince play not a single recognizable thing other than 30 seconds of Raspberry Beret and from the nosebleeds I got to watch about 10 thousand out of the 18 thousand there walkout, it was amazing. Then he came back for his third encore and played Purple Rain with purple confetti everywhere and the 10 thousand people trying to rush back in that had left. Oasis had plenty of hits and shit that fans love and if you were pissed they didn't play Wonderwall that's more on you for not knowing what you're getting into. RHCP are in the same ballpark, they can not play one of their hits and most people that go are still happy cuz it's sort of hits all day.

Also, yeah as many times as I've seen REO, the only new album they put out I didn't need to hear live. Styx on the other hand, I would take shit off of Cyclorama and Brave New World over Come Sail Away most shows.

Smeckler's Powder

You can pick and choose with some of the other big hits if you've got enough of them, but you're a dick if you skip the biggest one. Metallica might not do Battery every night, but they're still playing Sandman.

Are most people going to a 'tallica concert just to hear Sandman? I would imagine most of their audience wouldn't care or notice until the next day

Smeckler's Powder

He probably just didn't remember the show. He's played God knows how many and likely just figured it was right and went along with it.

That would be possible, except according to Setlist.fm, sniff, they hadn't played it in over a month and have only played it 12 times in the last year.

Also when Rogans going "I guess you have to " AK could have been like "no we don't and we don't, we've got a billion hits"