• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any of you see Anthony Kiedis on Rogan?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
And when he sings live, it's mostly just talk/yell-style singing, where he can just bluff his way through it. If I'm remembering it correctly, recording "Under The Bridge" was a huge struggle for him, they had to put his part together line by line. Of course, nowadays you can use technology to fix bad vocals, but not so much back then.

That I've never heard, but the logic holds up.

The one thing about that song is that it doesn't require any true high or low, but because of the minimal instrumentation, the singing carries the melody. I could kick my bum for not thinking about that before writing my last post.

I wonder if you took away the guitar in that song, if you'd notice any inconsistencies in his voice. It's almost an ideal Acapella song.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
I read this somewhere years ago. Maybe he's improved since then, I dunno. But supposedly he had no sense of melody at all, and needed to be coached through every song, line by line, because he's incapable of singing the correct notes.

I have absolutely no rhythm at all, I really enjoy playing guitar and I’ve learned a lot about it and it’s all robotic rhythm. I set a metronome to learn strumming patterns when everyone even remotely musical can just “feel” out the strumming patterns for songs.

It’s just a hobby for me though. Kind of a form of meditation. Fair play to him if that’s true and he’s made his fortune being as tone deaf as me.

(I should probably buy a bass instead)

It’s literally impossible for me to tap one beat on one hand and another on the other. It’s like doing crazy double jointed stuff, you either have the ability or you don’t.

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
Does Rogan ever make a face where he doesn’t look like a mouth-breathing retard? I can’t believe he has such clout in our world. Fucking weird, out of touch manlet.
Just because he asks questions that a lot of us would ask he thinks he's a genius. It's sickening the clout he has gained the past decade.
Never once has this comedian made me laugh. Not fucking once.

Harry Powell

Ymunkoke, child
I feel like a wanker saying this, as I don't like judging other musicians usually, but it makes so much sense if that's really true.

I don't mind a lot of their early music. It's dumb fun for the most part, even catchy. I think when it hit the wall was "Californication". Suddenly the playful hooks became very simple and repetitive - even his range seemed to drop. And for fucks sake, the lyrics are incredibly stupid by even pop standards. The title track of that album is utterly inane.

They were actually interesting until BSSM. I maintain that even their hit albums after that point are just soulless corporate rock. I’m actually stunned Rick isn’t a huge fan.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
I read Keidis’s book fresh out of treatment. Damn near made me relapse. Some wild stories in that book. Theres a picture in the middle of him at like age 10 smoking a joint with a prostitute, who his dad made suck his sons dick afterwards. Who knows how much of it was made up. I dont rly remember the details but I remember thinking “wow this was a wild ride”.

Edit: another story that comes to mind was when he prepped a shot of H and hit the vein but the needle slipped out. So at that point, the syringe is filled W half blood, half heroin. He put it to the side and made a fresh shot. Later on when he ran out, he watered it down and reshot the black, clotted blood back into his arm.

Another fucked up book was Niki Sixx’s Heroin Diaries.

Harry Powell

Ymunkoke, child
I read Keidis’s book fresh out of treatment. Damn near made me relapse. Some wild stories in that book. Theres a picture in the middle of him at like age 10 smoking a joint with a prostitute, who his dad made suck his sons dick afterwards. Who knows how much of it was made up. I dont rly remember the details but I remember thinking “wow this was a wild ride”.

Edit: another story that comes to mind was when he prepped a shot of H and hit the vein but the needle slipped out. So at that point, the syringe is filled W half blood, half heroin. He put it to the side and made a fresh shot. Later on when he ran out, he watered it down and reshot the black, clotted blood back into his arm.

Another fucked up book was Niki Sixx’s Heroin Diaries.
Did you read Flea’s book? I bought it but didn’t start it yet.

I’m not a fan of these guys musically at all after say, 1995, but they did earn some punk rock credentials with their lifestyles.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Did you read Flea’s book? I bought it but didn’t start it yet.

I’m not a fan of these guys musically at all after say, 1995, but they did earn some punk rock credentials with their lifestyles.

Same. Its not about the music. Its about the stories+crazy life. I cant even tell you what band Nikki Sixx was in? Poisen? Motley Crue? I forget. But i remember him shooting speedballs and he had a closet where hed always hide in. Hed pull the needle back and fill it with blood and squirt it all over the walls of his closet.

No i havent read Fleas book. I might download it and read it at work in downtime. Lemme know if its any good.

G

I think they're very good at their best but that's so fleeting. They've probably done 3 great albums in their career - BSSM, Californication and By The Way. The rest of their back catalogue is patchy at best and their new stuff is absolutely awful. I don't what happened to Frusciante. He's a great guitarist but it just sounds like he couldn't give a fuck now.
Yeah, John F and Flea really had some bomb melodies in those three albums. After 2003 they stopped caring though after becoming rich and having a thousand hot women sit on their faces. Which is understandable.

G

Yeah, John F and Flea really had some bomb melodies in those three albums. After 2003 they stopped caring though after becoming rich and having a thousand hot women sit on their faces. Which is understandable.
By The Way also featured some of the worst music that band has ever put out. Not all of it, but the lows are heinous. Throw Away Your Television shouldn't have even been recorded, let alone put on an album.