• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Any of you see Anthony Kiedis on Rogan?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
He's kind of an annoying fuck. He has this weird, theatrical way of talking like it's a performance and he's not a good conversationalist at all. There were a lot of awkward silences. He also does the over enunciating his T's like Rick. Was dressed like a complete faggot too.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I see from this thread a lot of you find him to be a weird bloke. I can tell you that you are only scratching the surface.

He has a little bit of a reputation with the backstage populace over here in Europe as, you could say, "eccentric". I've heard stories from outlandish food and accoutrement requests, to inappropriate and obnoxious behaviour, and - I say this carefully - questionable tastes in groupies.

It's a small, tight knit community over here in music, and when you're respectful to the people who help make your shows what it is, they really open up to you. Definitely makes me feel better when I'm just asking a fella for a black coffee at the last minute.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
I see from this thread a lot of you find him to be a weird bloke. I can tell you that you are only scratching the surface.

He has a little bit of a reputation with the backstage populace over here in Europe as, you could say, "eccentric". I've heard stories from outlandish food and accoutrement requests, to inappropriate and obnoxious behaviour, and - I say this carefully - questionable tastes in groupies.

It's a small, tight knit community over here in music, and when you're respectful to the people who help make your shows what it is, they really open up to you. Definitely makes me feel better when I'm just asking a fella for a black coffee at the last minute.

TMZ:

Genesis star Ray Wilson claims Anthony Kledis is a violent pedophile and diva. Ray Wilson accepts all responsiblity for these accusations.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Taste is music is obviously subjective but I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers are objectively fucking awful. I can't think of one of their contemporaries who is played as often as they are that is worse. They are one of the only bands from that era I get zero nostalgia from, they really suck a dick

I think they're very good at their best but that's so fleeting. They've probably done 3 great albums in their career - BSSM, Californication and By The Way. The rest of their back catalogue is patchy at best and their new stuff is absolutely awful. I don't what happened to Frusciante. He's a great guitarist but it just sounds like he couldn't give a fuck now.

G

He looks it...

UnPRePared

Supposedly, he is completely tone-deaf, and has to be coached through his vocal parts in the studio literally line by line.

I feel like a wanker saying this, as I don't like judging other musicians usually, but it makes so much sense if that's really true.

I don't mind a lot of their early music. It's dumb fun for the most part, even catchy. I think when it hit the wall was "Californication". Suddenly the playful hooks became very simple and repetitive - even his range seemed to drop. And for fucks sake, the lyrics are incredibly stupid by even pop standards. The title track of that album is utterly inane.

I feel like a wanker saying this, as I don't like judging other musicians usually, but it makes so much sense if that's really true.

I don't mind a lot of their early music. It's dumb fun for the most part, even catchy. I think when it hit the wall was "Californication". Suddenly the playful hooks became very simple and repetitive - even his range seemed to drop. And for fucks sake, the lyrics are incredibly stupid by even pop standards. The title track of that album is utterly inane.
I read this somewhere years ago. Maybe he's improved since then, I dunno. But supposedly he had no sense of melody at all, and needed to be coached through every song, line by line, because he's incapable of singing the correct notes.

UnPRePared

I read this somewhere years ago. Maybe he's improved since then, I dunno. But supposedly he had no sense of melody at all, and needed to be coached through every song, line by line, because he's incapable of singing the correct notes.

If you think back to the early hits, it somewhat holds up. "Under The Bridge" is a good song, but it's very simple in its delivery. Even when they get to the crescendo, it's not Keidis that brings it home. His range doesn't really ever go any higher in that song.

You could make an argument about "Give It Away", as the delivery of that song is actually its most important component, but again: the range doesn't really alter at any point. It's all about keeping the right speed with the rhythm of the song, and that can be practiced.

If you think back to the early hits, it somewhat holds up. "Under The Bridge" is a good song, but it's very simple in its delivery. Even when they get to the crescendo, it's not Keidis that brings it home. His range doesn't really ever go any higher in that song.

You could make an argument about "Give It Away", as the delivery of that song is actually its most important component, but again: the range doesn't really alter at any point. It's all about keeping the right speed with the rhythm of the song, and that can be practiced.
And when he sings live, it's mostly just talk/yell-style singing, where he can just bluff his way through it. If I'm remembering it correctly, recording "Under The Bridge" was a huge struggle for him, they had to put his part together line by line. Of course, nowadays you can use technology to fix bad vocals, but not so much back then.