WWAWD Stephen King

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I feel like the pendulum has swung from him being overrated to him now being overhated. He's somehow able to write books that are 10/10 up until a part where it not only drops in quality but it fucking plummets. He's insanely creative and that comes with good and bad.
My heart's getting heavy. My blood's getting cold. Just get out of MY way.

Capn Dicktickler

40 year old sasster LBJ quote fulfillerster
A poster above described his books as over indulgent and I think that’s a fair assessment. This baby bumping fag is incapable of writing a novel that’s under 500 pages.. some of the most influential and important novels in Western canon aren’t that long. I have read many of his books and used to enjoy them but as I got older I found myself becoming frustrated with his meandering long-winded writing style. If Boomia wrote a novel I imagine it would be like a SK novel with smaller words and even more pointless digressions.

Generally entertaining but comes with a coupla caveats, yeah. Stock characters and themes, some genuinely disturbing shit (and not in a horror way), good at coming up with weird ideas and building suspense but not at wrapping them up. Under The Dome has possibly the worst discrepancy between methodical build-up and crushingly anticlimactic conclusion I've ever seen in a novel.
It turns out the dome is a bra and there’s a titty underneath.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
He's a major faggot now but he has a lot of great stuff. His short stories are consistently better than his full novels. Grey Matter. The boogeyman. Apt Pupil which minus the gay stuff had a great premise executed a bit sloppily. Pet Sematary is a great book. I loved The Shining as well. There's a great short story he did called The Jaunt about time travel that is a rare example of him nailing an ending. Dream catcher is one of those books you should read the Wikipedia of if you're up late one night because the premise is so breathtakingly retarded.
A literal magic retard?

Bumley

He's a major faggot now but he has a lot of great stuff. His short stories are consistently better than his full novels. Grey Matter. The boogeyman. Apt Pupil which minus the gay stuff had a great premise executed a bit sloppily. Pet Sematary is a great book. I loved The Shining as well. There's a great short story he did called The Jaunt about time travel that is a rare example of him nailing an ending. Dream catcher is one of those books you should read the Wikipedia of if you're up late one night because the premise is so breathtakingly retarded.
Dude. Grey Matter I still think about randomly. Apt Pupil is great and the movie is pretty good, too. Battleground was awesome. You Know They Got a Hell of a Band isn't great, but I dig it. You're right about his shorts being generally superior.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Dude. Grey Matter I still think about randomly. Apt Pupil is great and the movie is pretty good, too. Battleground was awesome. You Know They Got a Hell of a Band isn't great, but I dig it. You're right about his shorts being generally superior.
They did a short adaptation of Grey matter for the shudder revival of creep show that stars the gus fring actor and tobin bell from saw. I got the free trial for shudder to watch it, it's great.