WWAWD Stephen King

Steve Ramone

I've read a lot of his work, he can't write endings for shit. The dark tower stinks, it has its moments and the overarching story of how all his books are connected is interesting, but in the last book he has like a full page blurb talking about how shitty the ending is and not to complain if you read it and hate it. Pussy shit.

I like from a Buick 8, hearts in Atlantis, the stand, and more but I feel like this is long enough.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
One of the most overrated authors of all time. I respect his radio career more than his writing career. Every single film adaptation of his works where they just do whatever they want like The Running Man, The Shining, or The Mist are far superior to the original stories. I laugh that King hates The Running Man and The Shining. Eat more skunk jerky.

The guy always comes up with some good idea. But his writing is abysmal. And he cannot figure out an ending to save his life. So the stories begin with some exciting premise. Then go nowhere. And end with nothing. You could read the back cover in the store, create your own story and ending in your mind, and save $15 on every single novel he has ever written.

The Mist is a classic example. The premise inspired a million other horror stories including Half Life. But there was no ending to the original novella, so Frank Darabont had to write one himself for the movie, and didn't even bother to consult King at all. He just wrote it himself knowing that King's ending would be dogshit anyways. So why even bother to ask him? And sure enough the ending is now considered an all time classic film ending.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
He hated Kubrick's Shining adaptation, which means the film is better than the book. King's own IT remake for TV was dogshit.

It may have been his most successful book, but Tim Curry gets all the credit for bringing it to life.

Maximum Overdrive is his best work. He was geeked out on cocaine the entire time. Cocaine + 80's action = cult classic.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
He's a major faggot now but he has a lot of great stuff. His short stories are consistently better than his full novels. Grey Matter. The boogeyman. Apt Pupil which minus the gay stuff had a great premise executed a bit sloppily. Pet Sematary is a great book. I loved The Shining as well. There's a great short story he did called The Jaunt about time travel that is a rare example of him nailing an ending. Dream catcher is one of those books you should read the Wikipedia of if you're up late one night because the premise is so breathtakingly retarded.

I've read a lot of his work, he can't write endings for shit. The dark tower stinks, it has its moments and the overarching story of how all his books are connected is interesting, but in the last book he has like a full page blurb talking about how shitty the ending is and not to complain if you read it and hate it. Pussy shit.

I like from a Buick 8, hearts in Atlantis, the stand, and more but I feel like this is long enough.
I’m reading the dark tower right now and I know what you mean; it’s pretty indulgent. I feel like I need to finish the last four books though

Imaginative. Comes up with very good premises. Not great at dialogue or endings. Tendency for repetitive plotting and cliched characterizations. Owes a lot to Lovecraft. Possible pedo.

IT: 11 year olds have a gang bang to help defeat the monster.
Library Policeman: graphic description of a child being anally raped.

Last edited:

Rascal

Imaginative. Comes up with very good premises. Not great at dialogue or endings. Tendency for repetitive plotting and cliched characterizations. Owes a lot to Lovecraft. Possible pedo.

IT: 11 year olds have a gang bang to help defeat the monster.
Library Policeman: graphic description of a child being anally raped.

Perfect nite!

maxresdefault.jpg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Generally entertaining but comes with a coupla caveats, yeah. Stock characters and themes, some genuinely disturbing shit (and not in a horror way), good at coming up with weird ideas and building suspense but not at wrapping them up. Under The Dome has possibly the worst discrepancy between methodical build-up and crushingly anticlimactic conclusion I've ever seen in a novel.