WWAWD Rap music?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I’ve tried to listen to the current and some is alright but it’s a lot of mumbling. I don’t mean talking fast - I mean actual mumbling over a very generic (cheap) beat. I guess sampling is too expensive for most labels now.

I really liked the early to mid 90s at the time but a lot of it hasn’t held up. Like I think younger people know Notorious BIG much more than 2Pac. There was some good that came out of the south late 90s to mid 2000’s but I could be biased since I was living in FL for college then. There’s a couple good artists/songs recently but either I’m too old or just out of it for the majority. Like I said it’s a lot of mumbling now.

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I played this for my son, because he listens to those shit mumble rappers with no skill who rhyme words with the same words. He loved it as well.
I really can’t stand the current mumble rap trend, I know I sound like an old man when I say “I can’t understand what they’re saying” but it’s not because they’re taking fast, it’s because they’re barely opening their mouths or they’re actually fucked up on something. I had a roommate that was big into doing Zanex (Zaney barred up) when we’d go out to bars and clubs and by the end of the night he would sound like these current rappers.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.

PFG album, a worthy sequel to 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx'

I've mostly outgrown hip hop, but it's fun to put on sometimes. :image_9248: