WWAWD MTV video music awards

lowend73

dirty nachos
Turned it on for 2 minutes. Taylor Swift got an award. Now I see a lot of urban youths dancing and singing. Not good.
All these female "entertainers" look exactly the same. An offspring of Kim K. So much plastic surgery, and alot of them do not look good at all to be honest. Figured im old as shit, think the only one I recognized was Ashanti. Fine as ever, but hey what do I know.

However, it did look like the AVN awards. Can't complain about that.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
So who is the target demographic for this now? The gays and housewives? I dont know anyone that has watched that for at least a couple decades. It used to be quite popular when I was in grade school but now it seems kids dont even watch MTV anymore. I dont get who even watches this anymore.

I assume even the kids who like Olivia Rodrigio and whoever else just watch the performances on Youtube.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
So who is the target demographic for this now? The gays and housewives? I dont know anyone that has watched that for at least a couple decades. It used to be quite popular when I was in grade school but now it seems kids dont even watch MTV anymore. I dont get who even watches this anymore.
I can’t believe they’re still making “Jersey Shore” - I thought that died out at least 8 or 9 years ago. Kids watch videos on YouTube and they have to give the big names awards (or make up an award that sounds important) just so they show up.

As MTV even had any hit shows in the past 5-10 years? Even if you didn’t watch MTV you were aware of some of their shows. I can’t name any.

I remember recently that dope Jim Stewartson was taking credit for getting that Jason Aldean video pulled (sure you did, Jim) like that’s a big deal - while the video got millions of views on YouTube. Getting a video pulled on CMT or any tv channel means nothing in 2023.

I can’t believe they’re still making “Jersey Shore” - I thought that died out at least 8 or 9 years ago.
We're on multiple generations of people asking "who the fuck watches MTV anymore" and making note of MTV not playing music videos anymore. Even Jersey Shore era MTV is old hat.
It feels like every award show (VMA's, Oscars etc.) is just put on so the media can shit out articles about how low audience numbers are getting.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
We're on multiple generations of people asking "who the fuck watches MTV anymore" and making note of MTV not playing music videos anymore. Even Jersey Shore era MTV is old hat.
It feels like every award show (VMA's, Oscars etc.) is just put on so the media can shit out articles about how low audience numbers are getting.
I’m just wondering if anyone can even name a current hit mtv show - for example you didn’t have to watch MTV to know they had Real World, Jackass, Beavis & Butthead, Jersey Shore, etc. but outside of Jersey Shore (which I thought died out in like 2013/2014) is still being made I can’t think of any other ones. Maybe the Scream TV series?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It didn’t even break 1 million viewers over multiple networks
IMG_0503.jpeg

Family guy reruns get more viewers