• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Looking up what Jocktober'd DJs are up to these days?

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
You have to remember that most shows that were Jocktobered would speak like three minutes at most in one hour so you barely had anything to pull from a full show. Like when they ripped on Woody and Jim those guys would speak twice an hour.....and it was the same conversation done twice with the stupid "Microsoft Vista" joke at the end. You needed to dig through hours of them playing songs and commercials to get the one or two minutes of speaking sometimes.

Owkay, Heresh the thing! :rnugida:

John and Jeff actually used to repeat their bits for the entire show, and they didn't take many breaks. I recall them doing an hour or 2 on every subject, and even back then I was amazed they would keep asking the same phone topic question for so long. Ron & Fez would do phone topics 20 minutes at a time. John and Jeff were just babbling for an hour, waiting for a dumbass trucker to swoop in with an anecdote that never came.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
John and Jeff actually used to repeat their bits for the entire show, and they didn't take many breaks. I recall them doing an hour or 2 on every subject, and even back then I was amazed they would keep asking the same phone topic question for so long.
It was Opie's 'ice cream' bit. Where you ask the listeners "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?". Then take calls for an hour straight where literally every single possible ice cream flavor is mentioned. "I like chocolate". "My favorite is rocky road". "I live in the suburbs so I get obese primate". And you do it once or twice a year to fill in a hour block on a show.

Some of those shows were masters at doing that. O&A would do phone topics as a goof like that. Sometimes you'd hit gold like "misheard song lyrics". And other times the callers would drag the show down. Part of the charm of radio.

Forum Clout
There was a Pittsburgh show (the Morning Freak Show) that got Jocktobered and it turned out the DJs were huge OnA fans and even submitted jingles for a contest. They ended up calling into the show.

Those guys are still on the same station I believe. Right up there with the Jim Chandler as really good Jocktobers.
Yeah they're still at it. I gotta admit I think they're mediocre but I got a soft spot for the Freakshow. I couldn't breath when i first listened to this. Obviously the boys are cranking it up a little bit but how fast it backfired on Sam had me in tears.

Forum Clout
I need a source for this
Guy is slightly off. This is from a reddit post:

"Wayne had a breakdown on air, it was so sad. He Went to the bathroom for awhile then came back crying and just let it all out. Had me crying too, so he quit to go handle himself mentally I believe. I don't think they ever addressed why DB left, some people say due to addiction issues but it seems they are pretty tight lipped about it, I've noticed if someone mentions him they change the subject pretty quick."

Some guy Wayne broke down in the bathroom. DB left for unspecified reasons, but is doing a show here: https://rock1067.iheart.com/featured/hooker-db/tab/podcasts/