• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAWD Looking up what Jocktober'd DJs are up to these days?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Opie talked about how women with hot voices get hired even if they are ugly pigs for radio. Because you can airbrush their photos or just take a 'neck up' picture for the website or posters. Opie also talked about how he and Anthony would lie about themselves to appear younger to the listeners. "Late 20s, why?". Pretending they were not married, smoking pot, and so on. People used to call into Stern in the 80s and ask how "hot" Robin was. And Howard would have them describe what they think Robin looked like and it was always "young, blonde, thin, blue eyes".
Yes, but these two are legitimately hot and they were on the radio. That was my point

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
Forum Clout
I'm part way through re-listening to jocktober and I made a list.

10/01/08 Frankie and Danger Boy - Apparently Danger Boy had a break down on air where he cried in the bathroom. Eventually he was fired/quit and went to another morning show in the same city.

10/09/08 Wilde and Fee - There are no google results for them after April 2009, so I assume they were fired.

10/27/08 Lander In The Morn - Was fired in Dec 2008 and never worked again

10/28/08 The Nancy and Chris Show - Jocktober videos are the only google results for this show

Connie & Fish (10/07/09) - Connie died of liver cancer in 2021. Fish continues in radio.

Lee & Alana (10/08/09) - Lee died of a stroke in 2014. Alana is a music director at a country station.

Bill & Marla (10/20/09) - Bill died of cancer in 2013. Marla continues in radio.

Murphy in the Morning (10/21/09) - Huh, Murphy literally announced his retirement yesterday

10/04/10 Blaine & Allyson - They were partners for 20 years before Allyson got fired in 2014, and Blaine has never spoken to her since.

10/19/10 Carter and Jackie - Aside from jocktober videos the only result I found was this

10-24-2011 - Rick & Len - Len got fired for saying he was glad Rush Limbaugh died on his facebook page

Haven't gotten to the rest yet, but it's all pretty boring. Pretty much everyone else was still doing radio, maybe moved stations occasionally. None of the husband and wife duos are divorced as far as I can tell.

Am I crazy or is Alana the same chick from Randy and Elena that was jocktobered in 2011? The chick who gave us “OMG!” If you listen, they sound exactly the same.

Also saw my old post and didn’t realize I didn’t do my homework on Len getting fired.

Any updates on good ol Dusty Dan, from the Murphy in the Morning jocktobering?

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
Lamont and Tonelli (Jocktober 2010) took a beating but they're still together on San Francisco's 107.7 THE BONE. Unironically, doing 30 years together and still being on in the mornings in a major market is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

Their website is like a trip back to 2006 shock jockery -- they interview Mr. Skin like Howard used to when I was in high school and they have a "We Don't Talk About Bruno" parody song about Blue Balls I accidentally chuckled at.

!!!BONUS!!! At 10m18s into the jocktober THE DESTROYER :brothaman_sm: peels back the curtain and lets us know REGULAR RADIO guys will often POUND the desk in order to pump things up. :image_9253_m:
Lol this is random

695b3a83ec02863a3e5808217f0a0bb6.png

IWatchTV

Forum Clout
Big Mama and the Wild Bunch was in my opinion, the shittiest show that they Jocktobered and they did 14 years on the radio until 3 months ago. I’d rather not disclose my location but in like 2010ish they Jocktobered a local radio station that my mom used to listen to when she’d drive me to grade school in the early 2000’s. I just googled them and much to my surprise, they’re still on the air hahah. They’ve easily made millions per year for at least a decade.
That chicken kung pow

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Forum Clout
@BenDovid Do you think Sam's unique ability come up with long-standing recurring bits like Jocktober--that still have people talking all these years later and creates yearly buzz--is why he was groomed to take over the Opie and Anthony mantel and retain a top hosting job for seven years running?

It is a unique talent to think of things that will "catch on" and be popular year after year. Say what you will about Sam, but the guy was a powerhouse with coming up with bits like this that helped form the backbone of the show and maintain its popularity. I assume the crew/management were abuzz when he created these types of bits
Sam didn’t create jocktober or find shows for it. Please let this faggot meme die already

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Anthony Cumia was fired in 2014 after a racism and moved on to do an "off the cuff" political rants podcast sponsored by Man Grate. He recently passed away from a heart attack.

Garry "Openy" Hughes was fired in 2016 after an off air incident involving comedian "Roland". He has a facebook page.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Please tell me that's Terry's actual car. I want to know she commutes in a very attainable convertible with vanity plates like the Queen of Rochester that she is.
The alternative would be that the station procured a VW Bug convertible in order to show her driving away, so....

you tell me, funster

Ant_It_Fun

Big Time
Forum Clout
Am I crazy or is Alana the same chick from Randy and Elena that was jocktobered in 2011? The chick who gave us “OMG!” If you listen, they sound exactly the same.

Also saw my old post and didn’t realize I didn’t do my homework on Len getting fired.

Any updates on good ol Dusty Dan, from the Murphy in the Morning jocktobering?
Same broad. She must've had a complex after getting Jocktober'd twice.

DominusOdium

30 Pack of Natty Ice
Forum Clout
Mancow got shit canned for the last time in 2020 from WLS AM in Chicago. He helped kill WLUP before that and he'd been fired from WLS the first time before that. He does a really unpopular podcast once a week now.

He stinks.

Turd has still not been heard from after driving into that factory wall.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Manqueer tried to reinvent himself as the next Rush Limbaugh after he was fired from his last radio gig. He hired some faggy PR firm to get him in with the local boomer cuckservative crowds of elderly Fox News morons who sit in puddles of drool and buy limited edition Trump silver coins that they see during Sean Hannity commercial breaks. So that he could reemerge from the 'shock jock' radio wasteland into the highly lucrative 'Republican' political crowd on talk radio.

So he gets into bed with some pastor named James MacDonald who runs an ultra pro-Israel kikeservative style "church" where they do nothing but raise funds for AIPAC and trips to the "holy land" aka the desert where the children of satan live. One of those churches where they worships the jews who killed Christ instead of actually worshiping Christ himself. And Mancow gets more and more involved in the church and becomes best friends with the pastor.

The pastor invites him on a trip to Israel to push for Mancow's next big foray into radio. As Mancow wants to relaunch himself into being the next Bill O'Reilly but minus all that loofah sponge raping stuff. They go to Israel and do a whole gay media tour. Wailing Wall. Baptism in famous rivers. Shaking hands with some powerful kike rabbis and grovelling to them. Just when Mancow thinks that the trip is going well.....the pastor leans over to him and says ...."Do you know of any hitmen back in Chicago? That can kill someone for me?".

So eventually the pastor is exposed for all sorts of crazy stuff. From wanting to hire hitmen to kill people. To downloading pizzagate material and trying to plant it on the computers of his rivals and then get the FBI to arrest them for being Compound Media peddlers. The pastor is fired from the church and Mancow is without connections to the inner leadership at the church nor Chicago politics anymore. Can't wait for his next move. Hopefully R Budd Dwyer inspires him.

Forum Clout
There was a Pittsburgh show (the Morning Freak Show) that got Jocktobered and it turned out the DJs were huge OnA fans and even submitted jingles for a contest. They ended up calling into the show.

Those guys are still on the same station I believe. Right up there with the Jim Chandler as really good Jocktobers.