WWAWD learning an instrument late in life?

I've used that site and it's pretty good but I've been using this faggots lessons to learn the basics and as gay as he looks he really breaks it down well and I've been flying through the lessons. I can actually feel myself improving which is PFG.

I had prior music skill from taking piano when I was young and dicking around on a bass guitar when I was in high school so maybe that's why I'm learning fast so far. I also picked up Rocksmith not as a tool to learn the guitar but with all the custom songs people have made for it to make tabs a lot more enjoyable. I'm not skilled enough to really play it yet but it looks alright so far definitely wouldn't buy it without the custom songs though. I just know 8 basic chords so far but can name any single note on the fretboard I play after about a week of playing so far.
Justin is legit and would be a recommendation from any guitar player. Very gay, overly positive, British, etc, but somehow it's great for learning guitar.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Justin is legit and would be a recommendation from any guitar player. Very gay, overly positive, British, etc, but somehow it's great for learning guitar.
It's crazy that it's all free. I checked out the app and it seems worse than just using the site. I know he charges for music theory and from the lessons I went through on that I can see it being helpful. His positivity doesn't bother me at all and I hate everything so he is doing something right.

OldGravyEgg

@AmortizationBossXYZ
I've used that site and it's pretty good but I've been using this faggots lessons to learn the basics and as gay as he looks he really breaks it down well and I've been flying through the lessons. I can actually feel myself improving which is PFG.

I had prior music skill from taking piano when I was young and dicking around on a bass guitar when I was in high school so maybe that's why I'm learning fast so far. I also picked up Rocksmith not as a tool to learn the guitar but with all the custom songs people have made for it to make tabs a lot more enjoyable. I'm not skilled enough to really play it yet but it looks alright so far definitely wouldn't buy it without the custom songs though. I just know 8 basic chords so far but can name any single note on the fretboard I play after about a week of playing so far.
I also went from piano to bass. But my reason was Flea. I wanted slap bass kind of attention. Did you ever have a problem sight reading?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I also went from piano to bass. But my reason was Flea. I wanted slap bass kind of attention. Did you ever have a problem sight reading?
I took a couple months of lessons and then lost interest. I didn't even want to play the bass but we already had two guitarists and a drummer and I wanted to fit in *sniff*. I would probably enjoy it more today though.

I don't remember having that big of an issue with sight reading. My piano teacher as a kid was pretty great.

Last edited:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Good for you, brotherman! You're not being a faggot

WWAWD Les Claypool?

Les is very respected in the field. I couldn't play like him, and I'm quite proud of my skills.

I know I'll sound like a kiss ass saying it, but Steve Hackett is a hell of a player too. Check him out if you haven't, there's a reason the Genesis albums he played guitar on sound so good.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I started playing at 14, never took any lessons and ended up working as a session guitarist during college and was offered a deal at one point with a band I had that I turned down. I mostly learned by ear and figuring out how to play songs that I wanted to play. I also played for hours every day until my fingers would actually bleed sometimes but that's optional. I don't think age is as important as having a reason you want to play and pursuing that. One you start making some headway it becomes part of you. I don't earn money with it anymore but, as busy as I am, I still try to play at least a little bit every single day even if it's just picking one up for 10 minutes while I'm doing something else.

G

F and Bm motherfuck you because you need them to even play campfire tunes. You can play them without the root note if you're a FAGGOT but otherwise it's a grind.