WWAWD learning an instrument late in life?

When I'm not playing I'm using a fretboard learning tool I found online to memorize the notes as I read it's helpful later on and figured why not start now.
I wouldn't worry too much with memorizing. Incorporate practicing scales if you haven't yet. It helps with dexterity and speed and the memorization will just happen naturally.

Rote memorization of notes always seem boring as shit to me.

Say memorization again.

My mom didn't learn how to play guitar or mandolin until I was like 6 or 7 and she's actually a successful musician. Like bigger than 2U. She was always a good singer though, so she was always musically inclined. Also, she plays bluegrass, and despite what idiots who don't play it think, it's not easy.
Bluegrass is great, you have to pick fast and keep timing well. Also its just fun music. They have yodeling for pete's sake!

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Best outlet in the world is music.

Are you cross? Depressed? Devoid of any humour, maaaaannnn? Make some music! Cover if you have to, don't feel like a Joseph Colleen if it's all in fun, but the real enjoyment is making something of your own. You don't have to create a "Suppers Ready" 20 minute epic, create something short and simple, even if it's just an instrumental. The fulfillment you get from it is something I can't even put into words. Because YOU made that.

ANYONE CAN DO IT.

Wa4892

I started playing guitar when I was 28. It was something I always wanted to do but never got around to it. Then one night I was in my apartment alone and the next five years of my life flashed before me and I got to thinking about a wife, a house, kids, lawns to mow, snow to shovel, youth sports taking up every free minute of every weekend, etc and I decided right there if I was ever going to learn to play the guitar I had to do it "RIGHT NOW."

Bought a cheapo acoustic guitar starter pack with a tuner, extra strings and ...... literally ...... a book about chords. I taught myself to play using the book (no lie) and have loved every minute of it. I really wish I started when I was 13 and took some lessons along the way, and understood alternate tunings other than Drop D. I don't try to impress anyone or play outside my house, but like I said really enjoy it. AND yes I DO have a Digitech looper. Actually three different digitech multi-effects units that all have built in loopers.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I learned how to play by learning songs I liked. If you think you're a fag, this is one that I wanted to be able to play:

Decent site for tabs: https://www.songsterr.com/

Anyway good on you, playing any instrument is PFG.

I've used that site and it's pretty good but I've been using this faggots lessons to learn the basics and as gay as he looks he really breaks it down well and I've been flying through the lessons. I can actually feel myself improving which is PFG.

I had prior music skill from taking piano when I was young and dicking around on a bass guitar when I was in high school so maybe that's why I'm learning fast so far. I also picked up Rocksmith not as a tool to learn the guitar but with all the custom songs people have made for it to make tabs a lot more enjoyable. I'm not skilled enough to really play it yet but it looks alright so far definitely wouldn't buy it without the custom songs though. I just know 8 basic chords so far but can name any single note on the fretboard I play after about a week of playing so far.