WWAWD learning an instrument late in life?

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I play the same chords in different ways depending on what I’m playing but to learn the correct technique is important in the long run; especially if you want to go in a more technical playing direction.

Having said that, I mostly play with my thumb over the top so “correct technique” doesn’t come up that often anymore.

G

I play the same chords in different ways depending on what I’m playing but to learn the correct technique is important in the long run; especially if you want to go in a more technical playing direction.

Having said that, I mostly play with my thumb over the top so “correct technique” doesn’t come up that often anymore.
If your hand is flexible enough playing over the top is fine. I only position my thumb properly to play barres, otherwise I just put it where it's comfortable

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
If your hand is flexible enough playing over the top is fine. I only position my thumb properly to play barres, otherwise I just put it where it's comfortable
I'm just saying it's not "proper technique" how they would teach you in a school for example. Classical guitarist never play that way. I have those John Mayer sized hands so I've always just played like that because it gives you so many more options.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I can play it about 7 times out of 10 perfectly without having to readjust my fingers. Haven't tried to chord change to it yet though. My retard claw came in handy.

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
I barely pick up my guitars these days. I really ought to. Gibson SG, Ibanez Gem, various old acoustics. I just dont have that angst that I used to vent out through my guitar with these days.