WWAW waking up out of a dream with a sense of loss and longing?

RobertMewler

Sometimes there'll be that moment when you are waking up and start wondering where you are and who you are. Then you snap awake and are like, 'Aw man, I was enjoying that alternate world, I wanna go back for a few more minutes!'

I've had two recurring dreams over the years; bears and previously secret rooms. I had a small apartment so I would often dream that I'd find a secret passageway to another part of the apartment I never knew existed. It would be huge and go on and on with multiple doors and rooms. I'd be so happy I could expand my living space in secret (management didn't know these rooms existed either).

I grew up in the woods and had a few bear encounters that were all benign (they either followed me at a distance or ran away from me) but I developed a really bad case of arkoudaphobia (bear phobia). When I'd be stressed out in life I'd have bear nightmares.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Sometimes there'll be that moment when you are waking up and start wondering where you are and who you are. Then you snap awake and are like, 'Aw man, I was enjoying that alternate world, I wanna go back for a few more minutes!'

I've had two recurring dreams over the years; bears and previously secret rooms. I had a small apartment so I would often dream that I'd find a secret passageway to another part of the apartment I never knew existed. It would be huge and go on and on with multiple doors and rooms. I'd be so happy I could expand my living space in secret (management didn't know these rooms existed either).

I grew up in the woods and had a few bear encounters that were all benign (they either followed me at a distance or ran away from me) but I developed a really bad case of arkoudaphobia (bear phobia). When I'd be stressed out in life I'd have bear nightmares.
I had recurring nightmares as a kid that used to seriously disturb me. One I mustve had 20 times where I found my parents dead on my living room floor and then was chased by Uncle Fester, who scared the fuck out of me because I saw an Addams Family trailer on some VHS tape I had. Fawwk that shit motherfucked me.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I had recurring nightmares as a kid that used to seriously disturb me. One I mustve had 20 times where I found my parents dead on my living room floor and then was chased by Uncle Fester, who scared the fuck out of me because I saw an Addams Family trailer on some VHS tape I had. Fawwk that shit motherfucked me.

Jimmy is only fifty pounds away from looking like Uncle Fester.

So when he's in town, you might want to stay with your parents.

I often have dreams where I need to take a piss and I'm wandering around looking for a bathroom, then I wake up and have to piss. And I resent how my brain is expending all that effort on urinating. Why the drama? Just wake me up without the whole dream prelude.
I have this except for thirst. Usually only happens during severe hangover dehydration, but I’ll have dreams where all I do is try to find a glass of water but cant find one. So frustrating. I’ll venture far and wide but every place I go is fresh out of water, then when I wake up and chug ice cold water its better than sex

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
Also re: the chick I dreamed about last night - she posted a Snapchat story of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story titled “It’s a major award!”, which just further proves to me I’d be sick of her shit instantly. Always posting shit like “dIe HaRd iS a ChRiStMaS MoVIe!!” - welcome to an interesting take circa 2000. Always with the National Lampoon references too. I wouldn’t be able to handle it.

Stent

black suit and a smile
I know that feeling, bruthaman. I fucked up 15 years ago and let the love of my life slip through my fingers. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about her and mourn for what we had, and what I squandered.

I am married now, and I do love my wife ... but this other girl was the absolute love of my life. She's married as well now, and happy, and that's all that matters. My heart will always belong to her.
That's a real shame. Because I just fucked her.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I know that feeling, bruthaman. I fucked up 15 years ago and let the love of my life slip through my fingers. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about her and mourn for what we had, and what I squandered.

I am married now, and I do love my wife ... but this other girl was the absolute love of my life. She's married as well now, and happy, and that's all that matters. My heart will always belong to her.

Sometimes in my dreams we are reunited. But even when I don't dream about her, it's not uncommon for those feelings of loss, guilt and sorrow to immediately set in as I wake up and my head clears.

I think that the key is that we have to let them go, but the key to doing that is forgiving ourselves for fucking it up in the first place. That's more difficult than it sounds.
Dude, what the fuck. You should go to therapy or something. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you but you need to move away from the past, you're like a parent who lost their child to a drunk driver. That's incredibly unhealthy and it's not fair to your wife.

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
Dude, what the fuck. You should go to therapy or something. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you but you need to move away from the past, you're like a parent who lost their child to a drunk driver. That's incredibly unhealthy and it's not fair to your wife.
No, you're right. Thank you for your honesty. I didn't realize how that sounded while I was typing it out, and sometimes I guess you need your words thrown back at you to really "get it". Thank you.

There probably is something wrong with me. Several things lol. Not just this, but I feel like I am falling apart sometimes. I don't know when to stop. I tried reaching out to someone who sounded down, hoping that maybe I could encourage them, but me being me I went too far and alienated them. I think that I probably do need help, and I gotta learn to let this shit go.

Thank you again for your honesty, and I am sorry if my response was a little too much all over the place.