WWAW waking up out of a dream with a sense of loss and longing?

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
I know that feeling, bruthaman. I fucked up 15 years ago and let the love of my life slip through my fingers. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about her and mourn for what we had, and what I squandered.

I am married now, and I do love my wife ... but this other girl was the absolute love of my life. She's married as well now, and happy, and that's all that matters. My heart will always belong to her.

Sometimes in my dreams we are reunited. But even when I don't dream about her, it's not uncommon for those feelings of loss, guilt and sorrow to immediately set in as I wake up and my head clears.

I think that the key is that we have to let them go, but the key to doing that is forgiving ourselves for fucking it up in the first place. That's more difficult than it sounds.
Its pretty easy especially nowadays living in a completely atomized world to fixate on or even obsess over a time in your life where you were happy and tell yourself “if only I had done or said X things would be so much better today”. We all fall into that trap but it’s delusional thinking, brotherman. Lasting happiness and fulfillment isn’t derived from any one person or place or time. True happiness comes from reaching our full potential as human beings, which can mean a lot of different things for different people depending on your interests and abilities.

Don’t ever attach your feelings of self worth and value to another human being. Especially when it comes to women. You might look back at this girl now with fond memories because we tend to block out the bad ones but I guarantee you there were times where you would finish cumming inside her and say to yourself “what did I just do? I wish this bitch would just leave now so I could be alone”.

G

Its pretty easy especially nowadays living in a completely atomized world to fixate on or even obsess over a time in your life where you were happy and tell yourself “if only I had done or said X things would be so much better today”. We all fall into that trap but it’s delusional thinking, brotherman. Lasting happiness and fulfillment isn’t derived from any one person or place or time. True happiness comes from reaching our full potential as human beings, which can mean a lot of different things for different people depending on your interests and abilities.

Don’t ever attach your feelings of self worth and value to another human being. Especially when it comes to women. You might look back at this girl now with fond memories because we tend to block out the bad ones but I guarantee you there were times where you would finish cumming inside her and say to yourself “what did I just do? I wish this bitch would just leave now so I could be alone”.

1653497623287.jpeg

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I know that feeling, bruthaman. I fucked up 15 years ago and let the love of my life slip through my fingers. There's not a day goes by that I don't think about her and mourn for what we had, and what I squandered.

I am married now, and I do love my wife ... but this other girl was the absolute love of my life. She's married as well now, and happy, and that's all that matters. My heart will always belong to her.

Sometimes in my dreams we are reunited. But even when I don't dream about her, it's not uncommon for those feelings of loss, guilt and sorrow to immediately set in as I wake up and my head clears.

I think that the key is that we have to let them go, but the key to doing that is forgiving ourselves for fucking it up in the first place. That's more difficult than it sounds.
Nice second better wife, stupid

A0558BE7-6FE8-493A-9708-F1589CC68B92.jpeg

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
I'll be straight with you guys: I have never felt that living a fulfilling life and engaging with the forums are situations that are at odds with each other. At all. Of course, any advice I give into the matter would be useless since no two situations are identical, but there really is a world of joy and possibilities out there.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I'll be straight with you guys: I have never felt that living a fulfilling life and engaging with the forums are situations that are at odds with each other. At all. Of course, any advice I give into the matter would be useless since no two situations are identical, but there really is a world of joy and possibilities out there.
My admonition to not waste a brotherman’s life wasn’t really about this place, but more about the way we always think we have more time than we do.

This might be the most depressing thing I’ve ever read. I have carried a torch for a broad before. For a solid two years it ate me up but I did get over it. To relegate myself to that for the rest of my life would be fucking awful.

G

WWAW recurring dream of a past 'life' that just feels so recognizable, warm and full of loved ones/extended family? Maybe even a tribal village setting? Narrow alleyways...run down/medieval buildings? idk, but that's my real home probably.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
WWAW recurring dream of a past 'life' that just feels so recognizable, warm and full of loved ones/extended family? Maybe even a tribal village setting? Narrow alleyways...run down/medieval buildings? idk, but that's my real home probably.
Brotherman I’ve had these whole dreams where I have a relationship with someone that’s years old, we’ll have kids, or it’s like bizarro versions of my real family, and then I wake up and for a couple hours I miss them as if they were real people that I had lost. In those dreams I have a whole lived life with these people, years of being together or knowing each other.

Crazy shit brotherman. But no I haven’t had any dreams of my past life as a medieval peasant yet.