WWAW the Tom Petty?

Wa4892

For me both Petty and U2 followed the same trajectory. I'd hear their stuff on the radio, like it, sometimes even like it a LOT, but was never compelled to buy an album even when they were readily available through the Columbia House Record and Tape Club.

Then along came the right album at the exact right time - Full Moon Fever (Petty) and The Joshua Tree (U2) - and I was transformed into a huge fan of both. The first time I heard Full Moon Fever, I was in a Sam Goody and they had it playing throughout the store. After three or four songs I was beside myself at how good it was and finally asked a worker what album they were playing. After that I never looked back and have been a huge fan since.

Stil. can't believe Petty is dead ...........

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
The labels really fucked him John Fogerty really hard. I always found it odd that Mary Jane's Last Dance was a tie-in for his greatest hits album and not part of Wildflowers, even though it was recorded at the same time. But that's what the label wanted. Oh well, greatest hits went Diamond.

Fuck the labels.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
He actually started Mary Jane during Full Moon Fever. I'm glad he didn't redo it for Wildflowers, it's the last song with Stan Lynch drumming/back vocals and definitely wouldn't have been as good Wildflowers style.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
The labels really fucked him John Fogerty really hard. I always found it odd that Mary Jane's Last Dance was a tie-in for his greatest hits album and not part of Wildflowers, even though it was recorded at the same time. But that's what the label wanted. Oh well, greatest hits went Diamond.

Fuck the labels.

rs3.jpg

I bought this RS on ebay a little while ago. Still haven't gotten it hung up yet, taint got the right frame.