WWAW the Tom Petty?

Mitch Weaver

Replenish fish van
Fawk yeah brothaman. I actually got into Tom Petty after hanging out with a 90’s one hit wonder backstage. “The Waiting” came
On and everyone started singing and I was fawkin hooked. Next day I went to Best Buy and picked up this bad boy and never looked back.
E9635EFB-0EA1-496C-AE81-5CD71547B135.jpeg

He was a good fit for the Wlburys but that was mostly George and Jeff’s show.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
I don't cry much but my wife and I broke down and dove into a bottle of whiskey. Thought it was a prank at first, hoped it was. It was the same night, same time as the Vegas shooting thing, someone we know hanging herself, and my band putting out an album. These things happen in fours.

Got to see him three times. He was the coolest dude for the longest time, but for whatever reason he started slipping at the end. Didn't sue The Strokes, didn't sue RHCP, but that faggot ass Sam Smith song he was like "hey, make sure my name is on that one!" His last record took awhile to grab me but it's got really great shit. Probably his best since Great Wide Open. Watch Running Down a Dream every other year or so. His Classic Albums for Torpedos is great too. That Running Down a Dream video is one of my earliest memories. If you haven't seen Take The Highway Live you should.

Perplexing that there was never a tribute show for him of some kind. Nothing for Van Halen either, but that punk bitch that let Dave Grohl force the tard shot on him leading to his heart exploding got 2?

Mitch Weaver

Replenish fish van
I don't cry much but my wife and I broke down and dove into a bottle of whiskey. Thought it was a prank at first, hoped it was. It was the same night, same time as the Vegas shooting thing, someone we know hanging herself, and my band putting out an album. These things happen in fours.

Got to see him three times. He was the coolest dude for the longest time, but for whatever reason he started slipping at the end. Didn't sue The Strokes, didn't sue RHCP, but that faggot ass Sam Smith song he was like "hey, make sure my name is on that one!" His last record took awhile to grab me but it's got really great shit. Probably his best since Great Wide Open. Watch Running Down a Dream every other year or so. His Classic Albums for Torpedos is great too. That Running Down a Dream video is one of my earliest memories. If you haven't seen Take The Highway Live you should.

Perplexing that there was never a tribute show for him of some kind. Nothing for Van Halen either, but that punk bitch that let Dave Grohl force the tard shot on him leading to his heart exploding got 2?

Great post man. Best Buy had a huge blowout on a deluxe edition of the Running Down A Dream doc with a bonus live show and cd. I think I got it for 10 bucks, would’ve paid 5 times that for this song alone.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Stan Lynch is a prick but he was the perfect drummer for that band. They lost something when he quit/got fired. And I’m not just saying that cause he was replaced by a colored.

He can't be that much of a prick. Just seems like a goofy hot head, the archetypal drummer. The rest of the band didn't want to fire him. I know he's been showing up at some of Mike Cambells shows. I'll tell you hwhat, their backing vocals suffered a huge hit losing him and Howie. Howie used to make their backing vocals sound so good they sounded fake. And yeah, Steve Ferrone is nowhere near what Stan was. Weird chose, but I guess he had the sound they were looking for for Wildflowers, which translates 0% to the rest of the stuff. It's weird that they all haven't played together still since Tom bit the dust.

G

[MEDIA=youtube]lVpnxyATsEA[/MEDIA]
There’s a big tribute show that’s going to be on Sirius at some point in the coming months. I think they shot it already but are holding it for something that I’m not sure about.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
There’s a big tribute show that’s going to be on Sirius at some point in the coming months. I think they shot it already but are holding it for something that I’m not sure about.

Dang, I listen to that channel and hadn't heard anything about it. Good looking out brotherman. Weird it's taken so long, I imagine some people that should have performed at it have died since lol.

G

Dang, I listen to that channel and hadn't heard anything about it. Good looking out brotherman. Weird it's taken so long, I imagine some people that should have performed at it have died since lol.
They may not have announced it yet. I know a guy who works there.