WWAW the new RHCP single being awful

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
RHCP rule, their music always put me in a good mood. I'm also a huge funky monks fan and hope to see them this summer! AntH nails the vocals and seeing brother joe jump around on stage pretending to be Flea is awesome!

One of my favorite jokes ever was before this event was going to take place and we still had the OG sub. One of the rascals said something along the lines of:

"There have been very few tickets sold. If this keeps going they'll be forced to give them away, give them away, give them away now."

G

This new song is not that bad to be honest witcha.

[MEDIA=vimeo]692659192[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
G

They should have just let Black Summer sit there til the record dropped. Klinghoffer firing morons.

I agree about that. The single choices are very odd. From what i have heard of the leaked songs, there are way better songs on the album that could have made great singles.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I agree about that. The single choices are very odd. From what i have heard of the leaked songs, there are way better songs on the album that could have made great singles.

Didn't realize the rest had leaked, but I was looking at the guitar tab for Black Summer and someone was asking how they had gotten it...so maybe that's why they are shoving them out? BS is a grower and mufuckers need time to hear that shit.
Everyones dumb but me.

G

Didn't realize the rest had leaked, but I was looking at the guitar tab for Black Summer and someone was asking how they had gotten it...so maybe that's why they are shoving them out? BS is a grower and mufuckers need time to hear that shit.
Everyones dumb but me.

I’m just glad the singles are not representative for the whole album. The album is not as bad as i feared it would be and definitely has some great songs i would love to see live.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I’m just glad the singles are not representative for the whole album. The album is not as bad as i feared it would be and definitely has some great songs i would love to see live.

I really didn't want to like it or pay any more attention to them since they fired JK instead of just having both guys. tons of the time more guitar would be helpful and the rest of the time, this motherfucker also plays keyboards. They couldn't play any of the best shit from Stadium Arcadium live with just one guitar. I digress...Black Summer has taken me by surprise..at first I thought it was lame but my kids keep wanting to watch the video and now I have no choice but to like it. Perhaps I'll check out the rest.

G

I really didn't want to like it or pay any more attention to them since they fired JK instead of just having both guys. tons of the time more guitar would be helpful and the rest of the time, this motherfucker also plays keyboards. They couldn't play any of the best shit from Stadium Arcadium live with just one guitar. I digress...Black Summer has taken me by surprise..at first I thought it was lame but my kids keep wanting to watch the video and now I have no choice but to like it. Perhaps I'll check out the rest.

You can’t really let Klinghoffer be second guitarist, not after he’s been your main man for ten years. Plus i hear him and Frusciante haven’t really spoken in ten years.

I agree they need a second guitarist for live perfomances. I just hope they play some songs they’ve rarely played before on their new tour.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Since I've listed to it 3 times through now, here's my review that nobody wanted or asked for...

The album is OK. There's some really nice catchy songs on it but they're clearly past their best at this point. They should've just quit after By The Way. They were never gonna top that album. Every song they release these days just sounds like a jam session. They're not really songs but just flea/Frusciante jerking themselves off over a certain riff or motif and Kiedis sing/rapping some nonsense over the top of it.

6 Nigel Iggers out of 10.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt

Anthony Kiedis is a pedophile, he had sex with a girl he knew was 14, he's a real nana.

image-1.png

JumboYumYums

Prison awaits, stlaker.
Anthony Kiedis is a pedophile, he had sex with a girl he knew was 14, he's a real nana.

View attachment 32367
:image_9249:

Also this new album is basically like a bunch of weaker album tracks from By The Way and Stadium Arcadium. Not completely awful with some good songs but I wouldn't care if it didn't exist. With them all being nearly 60 years old it could have been a lot worse to be honest witcha.