WWAW The Irishman?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It was well reviewed by the kike critics but I've heard very mixed things about it from regular folksch, especially on here.

That embarrassing clip of De Niro looking 100 years old and barely able to keep his balance while he's beating that other old fucker has put me off watching it up to now. Is it actually worth the 3 and half hours to get through?

Snake

e2e9a815eb9c52acb8e8f886853a5930_xl.jpg
image.jpg

The CGI wasn't too bad but he should have just used younger unknown actors and relived his glory days. The store scene is hilarious and one of the best unintentionally funny scenes in movie history.

Then you need to see this. Some guy on Youtube did a perfect job that makes the original look awful.

Still agree about using younger actors, even with good de-aging. You simply can't get around the old man movements.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
The CGI wasn't too bad but he should have just used younger unknown actors and relived his glory days. The store scene is hilarious and one of the best unintentionally funny scenes in movie history.
The thing I don't get about this shit is -- Scorsese could still get his movie made with unknowns. There's definitely some really good 40 year old dude on stage in Chicago or somewhere who is actually tall with blue eyes and would crush the role. You'd think Scorsese would like finding and making new stars rather than de-aging a dude pushing 80, making him wear lifts and changing the color of his eyes

fuckin' stupid and made me not watch what would otherwise be a movie i'd be into

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
The thing I don't get about this shit is -- Scorsese could still get his movie made with unknowns. There's definitely some really good 40 year old dude on stage in Chicago or somewhere who is actually tall with blue eyes and would crush the role. You'd think Scorsese would like finding and making new stars rather than de-aging a dude pushing 80, making him wear lifts and changing the color of his eyes

fuckin' stupid and made me not watch what would otherwise be a movie i'd be into
De Niro desperately needed cash to fund ape habitats in New York. Four apes in total, I believe.

Last edited:

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Al Pacino was the only good thing in that movie. Scorsese tried to recapture the magic of his previous gangster epics and failed miserably. De Niro is terrible in it and Pesci isn't even trying. There isn't anything original about it and everything it has to offer was done so much better in a dozen other gangster movies. Netflix of course gave him final cut too so it's a bloated 3 and a half hours for no reason. Also, the store fight is by far one of the worst scenes in the history of cinema.

Minus an additional point for Jim's shitty cameo