WWAW the Grateful Dead?

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
My rich and irresponsible parents let me go to Europe for a month every summer starting in 1994 when I was seventeen. I probably never would have gotten into this shit if I hadn't spent so much time in the Netherlands back in those days. To really get this shit, you have to be at a huge rave and high as fuck on ecstasy. The Energiehal in Rotterdam was absolutely nuts in the 90's. It's obviously very different music compared to the Dead, but the raves had a similar feel to the Dead shows: Everyone was high as fuck and just wanted to have a great time.

Finally, some decent music in this thread. You into speedcore, by any chance?

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I hate The Dead but look at them the same way I do Phish. I've seen Phish/Trey enough times to understand why people like it but even on acid I can't get into it. I LOVE The Disco Biscuits though and they play the same sorta shit, just with more e tard rave music mixed in. When you go to the lot at a Biscuits show it just attracts a different type of scumbag. There's no altruistic hippie Dippie bullshit with them, most of them are junkies and they know it. The music sucks but if you get it you get it, just like phish/the dead.

HalfHouseFatty

Monkey HOUSE
I'm all in with the Dead from '68 through '78 and have the hard drive to prove it. My favorite year is '69. When I saw a dozen shows in the nineties, they were a shadow of their former selves because Jerry was too smacked out on china white. I probably saw two or three good sets out of those dozen shows, but I still went to them because they were a great place to score good acid and marijuana.
Did you ever meet Bob Snodgrass or Jason Harris? I guess they used to sell their glass on tour.

Did you ever meet Bob Snodgrass or Jason Harris? I guess they used to sell their glass on tour.
I don't think that I ever met either one of them. Snodgrass pipes were the gold standard of glass pipes on tour. I did do a trade with one of Snodgrass' apprentices and gave him a ticket to the second to last Dead show in exchange for an eighth of weed and a pipe, which I quickly traded to a friend for some acid since I don't use pipes. I wish that I'd kept it just to have as a piece of artwork because it was one badass pipe.

Porkys

I took his knife. He walked away with a broken arm
Phil Lesh was the worst.

John Belushi wanted to treat the Capital Theater audience to a cameo performance but NOOOOO Phil says thats not cool MAAAAANNNNN what about the almighty Grateful Dead, it's not about the money they paid to see us MAAANNNNNN

and of course he wrote the worst GD song of all time Exhibit 2:

It's a joy listening to Jerry Garcia try to save this disaster song that no one likes. Awkward long neck ass motherfucker

Last edited:

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Phil Lesh was the worst.

John Belushi wanted to treat the Capital Theater audience to a cameo performance but NOOOOO Phil says thats not cool MAAAAANNNNN what about the almighty Grateful Dead, it's not about the money they paid to see us MAAANNNNNN

and of course he wrote the worst GD song of all time Exhibit 2:

It's a joy listening to Jerry Garcia try to save this disaster song that no one likes. Awkward long neck ass motherfucker

Phil was, and still is, an asshole.