WWAW Sports Cards?

MonsterSteve

Age.
I have a two whole binders of old cards that havent seen the light of day in like 15 years.
Apparently in the 80s they started printing so many cards that it made them all completely worthless
Yep mid 80s to mid 90s is known as the junk wax era cuz they printed so many cards and so many SHIT cards. You can have a hit once in a while with certain rookie cards but mostly it’s all useless.

chocolatehellhole

Make sure to smash that report button!
Faggots playing a boring game printed on cardboard is not a hobby, the cards are completely worthless and you are a queer for idolizing strong young men playing ball.

EraGodless

I found a 2001factory set at my parents recently and went to go find the Ichiro rookie and they were all bricked and I couldn’t get them apart without peeling and destroying them.
Fawkin sucks and it was a problem that Topps knew about. The sets were essentially made to keep sealed or atleast be sealed for a number of years. It's a fucking Shane because the Ichiro is a great RC to have the collection.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I have a two whole binders of old cards that havent seen the light of day in like 15 years.
Apparently in the 80s they started printing so many cards that it made them all completely worthless
I have an unopened giant box of cards from the year I was born. I looked up the price for the goof and it was $90 on eBay haha. I have like 4 or 5 full sets too. I guarantee you I spent triple what the one is worth just to put it together. The rest my uncle gave me so I can’t sell them but I also have no use for them. Probably have two thousand random ones from when I was young but I assume they’re mostly worthless.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I believe Panini lost the contract they had with the major league players so they can only make cards of prospects (a-aaa ball abd college players). They haven't been able to use mlb logos for quite some time, but not being able to use mlb players is kind of a death blow. Panini had some really good card designs- especially with their Donruss product and Optic.
That’s really fucking goofy. I’ve never seen a sports card without the team’s logo too. I remember the Donruss cards from when I was younger.

EraGodless

That’s really fucking goofy. I’ve never seen a sports card without the team’s logo too. I remember the Donruss cards from when I was younger.
Screenshot_20230707_002725_eBay.jpg

EraGodless

That stinks. Most sets are sorted by teams too. That sucks for them. “New York” lol.
I'm a retard. Fanatics acquired Panini and Topps. So they will now have logos and players for all of their Topps and Panini products. Everyone expects customer service abd quality to turn to shit because there is now literally zero competition in the card hobby. There's some bunk shit put out their by other manufacturers, but that shit is starting to sit on retail shelves-- shit, stuff you couldn't find 3 years ago (resellers waiting for multiple days outside Walmart/Target) is now available on the shelves or online with zero issues.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I'm a retard. Fanatics acquired Panini and Topps. So they will now have logos and players for all of their Topps and Panini products. Everyone expects customer service abd quality to turn to shit because there is now literally zero competition in the card hobby. There's some bunk shit put out their by other manufacturers, but that shit is starting to sit on retail shelves-- shit, stuff you couldn't find 3 years ago (resellers waiting for multiple days outside Walmart/Target) is now available on the shelves or online with zero issues.
I can’t stand how Fanatics does their COAs for hockey pucks. Beckett is far superior.

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
Exclusivity and grading have completely ruined collecting. All the parallel sets, lame relics, and autograph cards are so cheesy.
Grading has ruined every hobby - cards, comics, and in recent years, toys. It's only done to propagate a sense of elitism among collectors, and it's been proven many times how faulty and selective the grading system is. It's bullshit.