WWAW Limp Bizkit

Dusty Dan

I was a session guitarist in college and it wasn't the kind of band I ever expected to get into but when I went to live in Japan for a couple of years back in the day Significant Other became one of my soundtracks for whatever reason. I still have fond memories of walking through Harajuku and listening to that album and meeting a lot of different people who were into it just from looking for something that made them feel alive after the whole Green Day/Offspring/Nickelback/Creed etc. era of utter shit rock music.
I hate Nickelback and Creed. Green Day had some jams in the early days. I can't deny I loved The Offspring though. Everything up to Conspiracy of One was decent and out of all those 3rd (4th?) wave punk bands for kids, they were my favourite.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I hate Nickelback and Creed. Green Day had some jams in the early days. I can't deny I loved The Offspring though. Everything up to Conspiracy of One was decent and out of all those 3rd (4th?) wave punk bands for kids, they were my favourite.
I did like Kerplunk and Dookie enough. I was a skater kid so a lot of the skate punk and really hardcore stuff was always kind of there during those years but I’ve just always felt like that era that brought in Good Charlotte and other total dogshit like them was the darkest time ever for mainstream, guitar-based music until now, I guess.

Offspring just didn’t do it for me but I knew a ton of guys who loved them. Certainly better than a lot of stuff they ushered in though.

Dusty Dan

I did like Kerplunk and Dookie enough. I was a skater kid so a lot of the skate punk and really hardcore stuff was always kind of there during those years but I’ve just always felt like that era that brought in Good Charlotte and other total dogshit like them was the darkest time ever for mainstream, guitar-based music until now, I guess.

Offspring just didn’t do it for me but I knew a ton of guys who loved them. Certainly better than a lot of stuff they ushered in though.
I'd forgotten about Good Charlotte until now. You're right, it was a slippery slope from there into MCR and Fall Out Boy emo faggotry.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
I didn't think much of the reunion album but before they broke up ATDI were a fucking great band.
Vaya is a rare 10 out of 10 album and Relationship of Command is a fucking masterpiece, but I do recommend giving Interalia another listen, it's really good, I think it just came out either 10 years too early or 10 years too late.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Vaya is a rare 10 out of 10 album and Relationship of Command is a fucking masterpiece, but I do recommend giving Interalia another listen, it's really good, I think it just came out either 10 years too early or 10 years too late.
Yeah, I've been meaning to give it another listen. It wasn't bad it just felt unremarkable. After wanting a follow-up to Relationship of Command for so long it was pretty deflating.

Three Dollar Bill, Y'all has some good stuff on it. Significant Other is pretty solid, probably their best. Chocolate Starfish is about as good as their first album. It’s good, but that’s it. Some filler. Haven’t heard Results May Very. Their last 2 albums have maybe 2-3 decent songs between the both of them.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
1697177397233.png