WWAW Lahaina

Billions will be sent to Ukraine before any money goes to Hawaii.
Do Americans feel like Hawaii is really part of America or just a friendly island? The UK has shitty islands dotted around that are or were military bases and other than the argues invading one we rarely think about them as part of us

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
I have only half seen stories about it. Did the fire hit the town at night or just move so quickly 100s died?
It was fast moving, I saw a video where 3 guys were driving through the fire storm and they came up on a woman laying face down on the side of the road, they left her there and we're saying there's nothing we can do. I sort of agree, I mean 3 men could have thrown her in the car and kept going, but to stop and render aid they probably would have been overwhelmed by the flames

Edit: I just noticed the video posted wasn't just a schizo post and actually showed the people I was talking about

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Yes, ha
Do Americans feel like Hawaii is really part of America or just a friendly island? The UK has shitty islands dotted around that are or were military bases and other than the argues invading one we rarely think about them as part of us
Yes, Hawaii is considered part of America by the people. Fun fact, the union jack in the Hawaiian flag is there only because the Hawaiians liked it, it has nothing to do with the UK

I lived out there for a few years, and it feels America while you're there but I hardly think about it these days.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Billions will be sent to Ukraine before any money goes to Hawaii.
IMG_6324.jpeg

Yes, ha

Yes, Hawaii is considered part of America by the people. Fun fact, the union jack in the Hawaiian flag is there only because the Hawaiians liked it, it has nothing to do with the UK
Yeah I saw the UFC guy with the flag and wondered what that was about.

It's so far away I couldn't imagine feeling a national bond with it as part of the same country. Close ties sure but as in actually the same country? Not sure. We have places far closer to home with the same shops and even post boxes in Gibraltar and they even had a vote in Brexit but to me it's just some quirky hangover of history.

Hawaii has its own clearly defined race, culture and pizza to feel separate to me as a outsider

There are already hordes of tweeting faggots claiming "it was just a fire", "the death toll is a lie", "you can't have hurricane-force winds without rain", "it was just a real estate scam" and etc. People really are shit, and tweeters are the flies laying eggs on that shit.
I have only half seen stories about it. Did the fire hit the town at night or just move so quickly 100s died?
From what I've read, they had an alert system, but it was dependent on text/phone warnings. But all the power and cell service went out, so for some people, the first they knew about it was when they saw the advancing flames. Apparently, most of the dead so far died in their cars while trying to evacuate.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Yeah I saw the UFC guy with the flag and wondered what that was about.

It's so far away I couldn't imagine feeling a national bond with it as part of the same country. Close ties sure but as in actually the same country? Not sure. We have places far closer to home with the same shops and even post boxes in Gibraltar and they even had a vote in Brexit but to me it's just some quirky hangover of history.

Hawaii has its own clearly defined race, culture and pizza to feel separate to me as a outsider
Keep in mind, America is huge and American culture has permeated throughout the world. California is the other side of the world for me and feels like America. I'll admit, there are differences in state culture, I lived in Dallas for a bit in the 80s and although I loved the friends I made and I'm still in touch with them, their culture is completely different than mine. I've been to Aruba and I hated it, I didn't feel like I was in a foreign country, a European kingdom no less, Aruba felt like the USA, they all spoke English, catered to the American took American money, they had American tv and the USA even had their customs in the Aruba airport! How is that even legal? Now Puerto Rico does feel like it's not America even though it's a territory of the USA
The same with Samoa, Guam and the Philippines, which basically is an American colony at this point.

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
Hawaii was incorporated into the 50 states while Puerto Rico is just a territory and Philippines isnt even a territory is simple and boils down to:

-Hawaiians were decimated and their Kingdom defeated

-Filipino incorporation in 19th-early 20th century USA would have adversely changed America's white demographics (this was ofcourse, before USA's immigration policies were (((hijacked)))... )

-Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands etc is "in between" those two extremes.

-Guam/Am.Samoa etc are too far and could fall to the Chinese/other Pacific power/just a raw military holding