• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Halloween movies?

Creepshow 2. I hear Trick or Treat is a good anthology. Scream and Final Destination arent bad for trendy "scary movies" from that era. I Saw the Devil and Ichi the Killer, Train to Busan are good foreign movies. Nightmare on Elm St 3 and Friday the 13th part4 are all you need to see if you had to watch one.
creepshow 2 is my fav too. I'm partial to the lake bit. The car bit and the indian golem bits are solid too

BraunsGhost

Hellraiser series. 1 and 2 are the best. 3 is good cuz Pinhead has that church scene. 4 is not good cuz it's in Space, but i like it. 5 sucks. 6 seemed like they might of gotten back on track, storyline was there, execution lacked but still a good one. 7-10, watch just to watch but don't expect anything good.

Nightmare on Elm St 2, scared the shit out me as a kid. That opening scene with the school bus and the desert had me scared to ride the school bus.

G

You guys have already named most of my go-tos, but I have to mention Exorcist 3 again. That movie rules, I watch it way more than the first one. I'll also add the first Strangers movie, Alien and Blue Velvet.

As for the Halloween franchise itself, I've got a soft spot for them. None of the sequels were necessary, but most of them are at least hilarious when they suck. Especially 5. The only ones I truly hate are Resurrection and Zombie's first one. Resurrection is just embarrassing, Zombie's remake has no reason to exist. I like his Halloween 2. Everyone hates it though and I get why. Oh and the new Blumhouse ones are pieces of shit too. Fan service bullshit.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I love horror movies and my list could go on forever. So here are 31 I think are well suited for the spirit of Halloween

The Omen
Halloween
Halloween III
Nightmare on Elm Street
Near Dark
The Exorcist III
The Witch
Pumpkinhead
House
Creepshow
Autopsy of Jane Doe
Stir of Echos
In the Mouth of Madness
Return to Oz
Candyman
The Fog
Phantasm
Pet Semetary (2019)
Demon Knight (Billy Zane's finest hour)
Monster Squad
Poltergeist
Terrifier
The Wicker Man (original)
Black Death
Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
30 Days of Night
The Changeling
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Bad Ronald
Children of the Corn
Sinister

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I say this every October we do these threads, and I will still hold to it: the smartest and most efficient horror films in my mind are where your imagination fills in what you're not seeing. No one was better at that than Val Lewton.

By today's standards, they're not scary, but the atmosphere and psychology mostly holds up, unlike a lot of old horror. Cat People, The Body Snatcher, Isle of the Dead, I Walked With A Zombie, Ghost Ship, Bedlam, and his absolute best one, The 7th Victim. Holy shit, The 7th Victim still holds up over 70 years later, what an unnerving film. I didn't include Curse of the Cat People because that's more of a kids film - but if you have a kid, it's perfect for them, and still a good sequel.

Simple scene here, but a prime example of how you can create mood with very little money:

I remember watching the scene in the remake, and minus the beautiful visual of Annette O'Toole, it did nothing for me. Orson Welles was right, every performance looks better in black and white.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I say this every October we do these threads, and I will still hold to it: the smartest and most efficient horror films in my mind are where your imagination fills in what you're not seeing. No one was better at that than Val Lewton.

By today's standards, they're not scary, but the atmosphere and psychology mostly holds up, unlike a lot of old horror. Cat People, The Body Snatcher, Isle of the Dead, I Walked With A Zombie, Ghost Ship, Bedlam, and his absolute best one, The 7th Victim. Holy shit, The 7th Victim still holds up over 70 years later, what an unnerving film. I didn't include Curse of the Cat People because that's more of a kids film - but if you have a kid, it's perfect for them, and still a good sequel.

Simple scene here, but a prime example of how you can create mood with very little money:

I remember watching the scene in the remake, and minus the beautiful visual of Annette O'Toole, it did nothing for me. Orson Welles was right, every performance looks better in black and white.

7th Victim is amazing. While at the National Archives in Maryland, I had the opportunity to look over the pre-release notes from the Motion Picture Production Code and the Office of War Information's Bureau of Motion Pictures. It was approved without a hint of concern. I'm 99% sure no one in either department watched it. It's themes of overt satanism, lesbianism, corrupt global industry and two actual suicides, should have gotten it blacklisted. Its really a gem that slipped through the cracks.
Also, this happens.
Looks vaguely familiar.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
👍 (Random favourites)
MV5BNzU0MzgxMjAtYjU0NC00ZWYyLTljZWUtNTRkNzBhZTYwYzY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM2MzgyOTU@._V1_.jpg

d4c877cd2084acf6435f1e10509394cb1701f8192191f153b7f453a9e86f47ac.jpg

I love horror movies and my list could go on forever. So here are 31 I think are well suited for the spirit of Halloween

The Omen
Halloween
Halloween III
Nightmare on Elm Street
Near Dark
The Exorcist III
The Witch
Pumpkinhead
House
Creepshow
Autopsy of Jane Doe
Stir of Echos
In the Mouth of Madness
Return to Oz
Candyman
The Fog
Phantasm
Pet Semetary (2019)
Demon Knight (Billy Zane's finest hour)
Monster Squad
Poltergeist
Terrifier
The Wicker Man (original)
Black Death
Hellraiser
Hellraiser II
30 Days of Night
The Changeling
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Bad Ronald
Children of the Corn
Sinister
I saw the original Wicker Man recently, and I liked it. It was weird, but good, and a nice dumper on the blonde during her dance scene.

You can also see the influence it had on Hot Fuzz.