• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW Halloween movies?

Easily_Remembered

Mohammed was a Cumia
That time of year again ... time to fire up some favorites!

What are some of your favorite, go-to movies for the Halloween season? Strangely, when it comes to the actual Halloween series, Halloween 3 - Season of the Witch is the only entry for which I hold any affinity.

Beyond that - Evil Dead 1&2, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, Creepshow 1&2, The Crow, Bubba Ho-Tep, Something Wicked This Way Comes ... what are some of your favorite Halloween movies?

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Plenty of the ones I like have been mentioned. The Shining and The Thing are two of my fav movies. Evil Dead trilogy, Halloween 1, Nightmare on Elm Street. They Live.

Trick R Treat isn’t a great movie but I enjoy it. The stories tie together somewhat and it takes place on Halloween night. Kind of campy for modern standards but it’s fun.

I like the movie Spirited Away during Halloween season with the bizarre characters, witches and what not.

Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1956 version) is great. Holds up very well for it’s era of horror.

Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead are both fun.

Eyes Wide Shut is solid for the season.

And Then There Were None (1945) is not at all scary but it’s a good murder mystery that kids can watch.

Shutter Island is good. Not generally a fan of Leo but I liked it.

Live and Let Die is a Halloween-adjacent Bond movie if you wanna stretch it that far.

Rope (1948) is a solid one. Not very scary but the plot is creepy.

I am not a Will Smith fan, but the first half of I Am
Legend is pretty great. They did just Bout everything wrong after he strings himself up accidentally, but I genuinely loved the movie until that point.

Train to Busan is a great zombie movie.

Young Frankenstein is great if you want straight comedy.

And for classic horror fare, Black Christmas is underrated. Hilarious and predictable mostly but basically every slasher stole from it since then.