WWAW Bob Dylan?

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Dylan worst concert ever been to, total freak show with 6' 4'' 120 pound, horseshoe bald, college professor looking dipshits in tye dye shirts dancing like chicks do at a Dead concert
tumblr_inline_nocntgxWFN1rrrkde_250.gif

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
That body type yeah but not the dancing, Dylan was playing under a tent that had field around it and freaks would do like a martial arts slow motion stretch/yoga shit with eyes closed reaching for the sky whacked out on who knows what in tye die shirts, shorts and no shoes, this was in the eighties and they looked at least in their 50's

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
That body type yeah but not the dancing, Dylan was playing under a tent that had field around it and freaks would do like a martial arts slow motion stretch/yoga shit with eyes closed reaching for the sky whacked out on who knows what in tye die shirts, shorts and no shoes, this was in the eighties and they looked at least in their 50's
That place must have smelled nice.

Jay-ZzzQuil

Mohr Cox Please!
Can anyone substantiate the claim that he tried to be the voice of a generation? I know he wrote songs that explicitly made social comment—mostly in the beginning of his career (The Times They Are a-Changin') but also later (Hurricane)—but it seems that this was a title largely foisted onto him and which he resented and rejected even by the mid-sixties. I understand how his image is associated with the Hippie movement, but he seems to have shied from left-wing politics or lending his voice to any cause and only shown interest in performing songs for the vast span of his career. In fact, if his musical output embodies any creed it would be Christian: he sincerely converted to Christianity and recorded a trilogy of Christian albums from 1979 to 1981—incidentally, I do not care for those. Famous songs like Subterranean Homesick Blues and Maggie's Farm are intolerable shit to me, but I do not see how a person can deny the worth of his writing and musicality (despite the fact that he is obviously not a tenor) in many of his recordings: Girl from the North Country; Don't Think Twice, It's All Right; It's All Over Now, Baby Blue; Like a Rolling; Simple Twist of Fate; Dark Eyes; etc. On the other hand, I am sure I would dislike him in concert. Not that this should sway you if you have an independent mind or taste, but Norm MacDonald genuinely held him in high esteem and referred to him as The Great One. As a fan of both, I always thought that was interesting. But to each their own, brothermen.

Guyincognito

John D’oh!
Yeah a lot of his music was seemingly him stringing together weird words that people thought were so deeeeeeep man. I actually like his earlier folk/blues stuff and his 80s stuff when his voice is completely shot isn’t bad either:

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Can anyone substantiate the claim that he tried to be the voice of a generation? I know he wrote songs that explicitly made social comment—mostly in the beginning of his career (The Times They Are a-Changin') but also later (Hurricane)—but it seems that this was a title largely foisted onto him and which he resented and rejected even by the mid-sixties. I understand how his image is associated with the Hippie movement, but he seems to have shied from left-wing politics or lending his voice to any cause and only shown interest in performing songs for the vast span of his career. In fact, if his musical output embodies any creed it would be Christian: he sincerely converted to Christianity and recorded a trilogy of Christian albums from 1979 to 1981—incidentally, I do not care for those. Famous songs like Subterranean Homesick Blues and Maggie's Farm are intolerable shit to me, but I do not see how a person can deny the worth of his writing and musicality (despite the fact that he is obviously not a tenor) in many of his recordings: Girl from the North Country; Don't Think Twice, It's All Right; It's All Over Now, Baby Blue; Like a Rolling; Simple Twist of Fate; Dark Eyes; etc. On the other hand, I am sure I would dislike him in concert. Not that this should sway you if you have an independent mind or taste, but Norm MacDonald genuinely held him in high esteem and referred to him as The Great One. As a fan of both, I always thought that was interesting. But to each their own, brothermen.

get a room

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain

Also this is great, really this whole record is his best moment: