WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

Stent

they tell me I’m sweet enough
It's so funny how they've backed themselves into a corner with Gene stuff and now need to tell that story in 4 fucking episodes or less. It's going to be so awful.
The Sandpiper case was wrapped up with a stupid prank so the negotiations immediately get settled. That is enough to tell me that everything which needs explaining will indeed be done in the shittiest manner possible.

G

Jimmy and Kim go up to Howard's wife and when she asks about them being the last people to see him alive they're all "Yep, but whatever" and then the wife is "Ok then". Stellar writing. Zero intrigue, tension or anything. Might as well have had a scene where Mike dresses up as a fake cop to knock on her door and say "ur husband iz daed soz lol don't look for him cos we totally did already" so she doesn't report him missing to the real police.

I can only guess that Kim will return in the next couple of episodes to interact with Jimmy once again all these years later because what else is the show going to do?
Haha yeah on what fucking grounds do they have to believe he disappeared because of suicide. Then as you mentioned the wife starts prodding but dont worry “cold as ice Kim” tells a little white lie to wrap up that plot line.

Really reminds me of the end of GoT when you found out the main directors or writers whoever they were got the gigs for the star wars movies so in the writing you could just see “lets get the fuck out of the office asap today”

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit
I didnt realize she was supposed to be written off. Fuck is it cringy how involved she gets in the pranks. Saul is like ah shit we cant do it today his arms broken and shes like “No…it happens today” and whips her car around.
The only point of “it happens today” was so that she would be at their apartment when Howard came to visit and Lalo shot him.

Kim could have gone to the conference and Saul could have taken care of things but Lalo wouldn’t then be able to send her to Gus’s house.

If Kim contributed in any way to “it happens today” this wouldn’t seem so flimsy. But why did Kim have to be there to watch college film school students take some pictures?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
The only point of “it happens today” was so that she would be at their apartment when Howard came to visit and Lalo shot him.

Kim could have gone to the conference and Saul could have taken care of things but Lalo wouldn’t then be able to send her to Gus’s house.

If Kim contributed in any way to “it happens today” this wouldn’t seem so flimsy. But why did Kim have to be there to watch college film school students take some pictures?

The writing is actual garbage now. Even though it was convoluted and boring in the earlier seasons, I at least remember things somewhat making sense. It's just one contrivance after another now. Not to mention all the actors seem bored and don't even know why they're there.

G

Im going to watch it because ive made it this far, but this show fucking sucks. Remember when Nacho had a gun to the head of the cartel boss and dramatic music was playing? He’s in fucking breaking bad what the fuck were they even doing? Why is the namesake of the show spending the final season pulling pranks on his old boss for seemingly no reason? We all know Kim visits the vacuum salesman and Lalo dies, its just the question of when will the writers conveniently put them into each scenario. Dont sleep on a Bill Burr scene either.
I guess i was wrong about kim, i was thinking too creatively i guess. Are they really going to continue the next episode from the time travel they ended off on last episode?

I also never understood why they kept messing with Howard that much. From what I recall Howard was the one who was more than happy to hire Jimmy as a lawyer at their firm but Chuck didn't want that to happen so it never happened. So why go to this extend to mess with him?

Last edited:
G

I also never understood why the kept messing with Howard that much. From what I recall Howard was the one who was more than happy to hire Jimmy as a lawyer at their firm but Chuck didn't want that to happen so it never happened. So why go to this extend to mess with him?
I looked into it because i didnt understand either. Apparently it was some ass backwards logic that maybe they blamed howard for chucks suicide. It made no sense and it just made saul, the main character of the show , hateable because to me howard was likable and all their pranks went too far

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
and it just made saul, the main character of the show , hateable because to me howard was likable and all their pranks went too far

Seriously, how are you even supposed to like Saul in this show? Him and Kim are just fucking annoying childish cunts, acting like teenagers in their..I don't even know how old they're supposed to be in this show tbh. None of it makes any sense.

Howard was a great fucking character though. His scenes were some of the only good ones in this season. That meeting where he was all saucer-eyed cos he was spiked was fucking hilarious.

G

Seriously, how are you even supposed to like Saul in this show? Him and Kim are just fucking annoying childish cunts, acting like teenagers in their..I don't even know how old they're supposed to be in this show tbh. None of it makes any sense.

Howard was a great fucking character though. His scenes were some of the only good ones in this season. That meeting where he was all saucer-eyed cos he was spiked was fucking hilarious.
[MEDIA=youtube]MbsSVIdgH4s[/MEDIA]

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Jimmy and Kim go up to Howard's wife and when she asks about them being the last people to see him alive they're all "Yep, but whatever" and then the wife is "Ok then". Stellar writing. Zero intrigue, tension or anything.
It also does not work because she knows that someone was harassing Howard to the point where they broke onto their property and did like $5K of damage to Howard's car. How does she not go to police at that point and explain that someone was harassing them at their own house and likely murdered Howard? And that the person whom Howard told her and Cliff, Jimmy, was doing the harassing.....was a known cartel lawyer who worked with murderers.

Howard's wife knows:

- Jimmy hates Howard
- Jimmy bought a billboard that made him look like Howard
- That Jimmy blames Howard for Chuck's suicide openly
- Howard offered Jimmy a job that he threw in Howard's face
- Howard has been harassed with hookers, likely former public defender clients of Jimmy
- Someone threw bowling balls at Howard's car causing tons of bodywork and window damage
- Howard beat the shit out of Jimmy at boxing and ambushed him
- That Jimmy represents cartel assassins who could kill someone and make it look like a suicide

Cliff Main knows:

- Howard suspected Jimmy was framing him for drugs
- Howard suspected Jimmy was harassing him over other things
- Jimmy is a cartel lawyer with criminal underworld connections
- Jimmy does underhanded things to get what he wants

And yet she does not go to police? Cliff Main does not go to police? The writing on this show is horrible.

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
My dad works for Saul and he said tomorrow is the forced, gratuitous fan service cameo of Cranston and Paul
the only man working for him is this fella
Joey_Dixon.png

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
I'm sure if you binge watched the show you'd find a ton of plot holes, but who wants to go to that trouble at this point? The more I saw of how Gus made his lab the dumber it made him seem. And Lalo having a perfect look out spot in a storm drain across the street might be the dumbest thing they've done.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
I'm sure if you binge watched the show you'd find a ton of plot holes, but who wants to go to that trouble at this point? The more I saw of how Gus made his lab the dumber it made him seem. And Lalo having a perfect look out spot in a storm drain across the street might be the dumbest thing they've done.
to add to the list:
Howard could have just told Ed Begley Jr. "hey- I was at my shrink when I supposedly ran over that hooker"

however, the counterpoint to that could be that Howard didn't want to reveal he was at a shrink