Would Patrice have worked as a 3rd mic

DMAN

NYC Mayor
NO.

I tuned out many times when they announced he would be there that morning. I can listen to Patrice for hours but only because it's by choice. When you were forced to endure him live, multiple days in a row, it became like Artie at the end of his Stern run.

I love listening to both Artie and Patrice, genuinely. I would tell you if I was lying about that. But the fact is just like Norton, they all become overbearing and TOO MUCH. Opie & Anthony had more agreeable personalities that you can listen to them for a long time going. Even on Tough Crowd, Patrice was almost unanimously hated by random people who didn't know him because he would take over the show and cackle over everyone.

2chapos

It wouldn't have lasted long. Opie would've at some point gotten pouty and passive aggressive about something. Patrice wouldnt have tolerated that shit for too long. Patrice would've made fun of opies shitty attempts to exert power over the show.
Maybe a TACS with Patrice could've worked but I don't think Patrice would've taken that offer.

lowend73

2 point vig
Oh yea, I think Anthony thought he had carte blanche to say whatever race related thing popped up in his head. Can see Patrice only taking so much of that and Opie's tantrums.

Anthony would have backed down with an angry Patrice, and I don't say that as a Patrice dickrider either...

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

official ray wilson 😘
No, same reason Vos wouldn’t because the show immediately becomes about them. Patrice because he would dominate the show and Vos because they’d spend way too much time goofing on him. I think only Burr would have worked but him and Ant would have just argued too much because they both can’t leave it alone.

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
I remember reading something awhile ago that Eric Logan was seriously trying to get Patrice hired as a 3rd mic? Would that have even worked? Anth was going to go wet brain, it was only a matter of time. Re listening to these shows, Jim would have been better in doses.
Rumor was he (and Opie presumably) wanted to hire either Patrice or Burr when Jimmy was in LA filming Lucky Louie.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
No. Patrice dominated the show when he was on. That’s not a great trait for a third mic.

I think he would have been a much better 2nd mic where he had someone on point to cover the traditional radio gimmicks, guide him into topics, and keep him from filibustering for 3 hours about a single topic.

He also had a me vs the world type attitude where he would have eventually gotten sideways with management and/or his cohosts because of something, totally overlooking the fact they were paying him tons of money to talk for hours.

Still would be immensely better than awful Jim Norton