Will Pat have a victory lap?

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
IMG_0416.jpeg

I’m sure he’s gonna tweet out “GUILTY!” instead of having a nuanced take that this doesn’t matter.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Pat is in cope mode at the moment

View attachment 205031
Typical Pat - “literally millions are guilty” but has zero proof of this claim. Pretty sure most legal gun owners aren’t also crack heads - just like how the majority of gun violence is not legal gun owners. Also, how many of these mass shooters were NRA members? They get blamed with this claim over and over yet haven’t seen an NRA member that was also a mass shooter.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Typical Pat - “literally millions are guilty” but has zero proof of this claim. Pretty sure most legal gun owners aren’t also crack heads - just like how the majority of gun violence is not legal gun owners. Also, how many of these mass shooters were NRA members? They get blamed with this claim over and over yet haven’t seen an NRA member that was also a mass shooter.
Id imagine there are plenty of people that smoke weed that are gun owners so they would still fall under this. I agree its a shitty law in regards to weed. Crack is a different ballgame but both are still federally illegal as of now. Look at Niki. She owns a gun and smokes weed.

1718123480158.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Id imagine there are plenty of people that smoke weed that are gun owners so they would still fall under this. I agree its a shitty law in regards to weed. Crack is a different ballgame but both are still federally illegal as of now. Look at Niki. She owns a gun and smokes weed.

View attachment 205032
Weed is a bit of a grey area since so many states have legalized it. Does it count as an illegal drug on a form in a state that has legal weed? Aren’t they trying to change the laws on stuff like that?

Also, I’m guessing the majority of this was related to was he an “addict” at the time because I know from people that went to rehab are told they are “always” an addict even if they never touch it again. They do a lot of bullshit in those rehab programs - like you’re called a drug addict (and always a drug addict) even if you’re just a drunk and don’t touch illegal drugs because alcohol is a drug - but so is caffeine yet they don’t call someone hooked on caffeine a drug addict etc.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Weed is a bit of a grey area since so many states have legalized it. Does it count as an illegal drug on a form in a state that has legal weed? Aren’t they trying to change the laws on stuff like that?
It does count on the background check. You will get denied if you answer that you have been involved with weed. Id imagine they are trying to get that particular detail removed but last I checked its still a No Go. Seems silly to me. I live in a legal state and the legal pot farmers all own guns. Especially since some cant even use the banks to keep their piles of money safe because the banks dont want to be involved due to the federal laws. At this point it just gives the feds leverage if/when they find a gun on the farm property no matter how legal their grow is.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster

Also, I’m guessing the majority of this was related to was he an “addict” at the time because I know from people that went to rehab are told they are “always” an addict even if they never touch it again. They do a lot of bullshit in those rehab programs - like you’re called a drug addict (and always a drug addict) even if you’re just a drunk and don’t touch illegal drugs because alcohol is a drug - but so is caffeine yet they don’t call someone hooked on caffeine a drug addict etc.
The defense was quite literally arguing that just days before Hunter bought the gun, when he was telling his brothers widow “I’m going to buy crack from Mookie!!” he wasnt REALLY going to buy crack, just trying to avoid seeing her! And ok, even if he was smoking crack, he didn’t CONSIDER himself an addict so it’s all good!

If I went and got a medical marijuana card I could not buy a firearm. So the idea that you can literally smoke crack before and after buying a gun but be all good on the technical definition of an “addict” or “user” is fucking ridiculous

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
The defense was quite literally arguing that just days before Hunter bought the gun, when he was telling his brothers widow “I’m going to buy crack from Mookie!!” he wasnt REALLY going to buy crack, just trying to avoid seeing her! And ok, even if he was smoking crack, he didn’t CONSIDER himself an addict so it’s all good!

If I went and got a medical marijuana card I could not buy a firearm. So the idea that you can literally smoke crack before and after buying a gun but be all good on the technical definition of an “addict” or “user” is fucking ridiculous
Yeah that’s what it sounds like - the whole “active” addict part and what is considered one. Like I said I know in those rehab programs they tell you you’re always a drug addict even if you never use again because you have a “problem” that never goes away. Of course I don’t think they applied to Hunter as he was using during the time but not “all the time” and that makes it ok or something stupid