Why is this the most overrated movie of all time?? Why???

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
256138eb8aa3bbeea6021d81ab2f07c9.jpg

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I never got into it. Saw it opening day and have the same thought of it then as I do now. It's just mediocre but with the sea of shit movies that people watch it's obviously better so people think it's a masterpiece. It's not.

The Dark Knight was ruined by Heath Ledger dying. The movie wraps up with the Joker getting what he wants and Batman losing, but because Ledger died before they could shoot the third movie the story never gets resolved.

The second thing that killed that movie was forcing the audience to accept Maggie Gyllenhaal as this amazing beauty that powerful men wanted. Everyone shits on Katie Holmes' performance in the first one but her being awkward and stiff it actually kind of fits their relationship. Bruce is shown to be a cowardly piece of shit who then runs away and is presumed dead, so when he comes back she doesn't really know what to think of him and they are essentially estranged.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
I couldn't understand so many people heralding it as "The best movie of all time".

That sort of hyperbole pisses me off. Something can't be called "greatest of all time" with that sort of immediacy. The passage of time alone dictates that sort of label. And lo and behold, the movie isn't nearly as talked about now.
Slight disagreement, Citizen Kane got the moniker of "best film ever made" in the 40s and was revoted it every decade until 2012.

Comic book movies can be well-made, well-acted, entertaining escapist fare, but a fucking Batman movie doesn't belong on any list of the "greatest movies ever". It was fine for what it was and Heath Ledger made a fine Joker, but all things considered, comic book movies are kind of gay and aren't really serious art no matter who stars in them or who directs them.

G

It's the James Dean effect. Self-inflicted "Martyrdom." Ledger (directly or indirectly) killed himself at the height of his powers and thereby cemented his immortal legacy. They'll never grow old. We'll never see them bloated and grey, making shitty movies like Meet the Fockers, Righteous Kill or The Island of Doctor Moreau.

Imagine how legendary De Niro, Pacino or Brando would have been if they'd died in their 20s after a few hits instead of what they ended up as.