Why does Rick autistically sperg out on Bitcoin?

G

I "regret" that in the sense that obviously I would do differently given my time again, but I don't have negative feelings about it because my life is the same as if bitcoin never existed at all.
I'd love to say that if I was in it early and bought it for something like a buck a coin, I'd be rich, but I probably would have sold it all before it even hit a thousand bucks/coin. I would have made a substantial amount, but no way I would have held up to 67k or whatever it topped out at.

G

I have a theory Patrick was running in circles about 10-12 years ago with nerds (aka his model building friends) who convinced him to get in on Bitcoin. He either never bought in due to lack of money or not being able to figure out how to buy it, bought in and lost his wallet, or sold shortly after buying and never turned a profit. Essentially he was cucked by crypto for not being able to understand it and is now jealous of anyone who has make bank with it.
This. Nowadays it's easy to buy crypto as long as you have valid IDs. Back then however you had to set up a cash deposit and show up in person to a bank with cash and fill out a deposit slip etc, and sometimes the teller would just flat out refuse or ask too many questions and you'd have to try again at a different bank. Someone probably told Patrick about bitcoin in like 2012. Once he discovered that it would take more than 5 minutes of effort to get his hands on it, he decided that bitcoin was stupid and anyone who invests in it is a Nazi, and he didn't want to change his mind when his peers started making bank. As we know when Patrick is proven wrong, he only doubles down on his beliefs.

This. Nowadays it's easy to buy crypto as long as you have valid IDs. Back then however you had to set up a cash deposit and show up in person to a bank with cash and fill out a deposit slip etc, and sometimes the teller would just flat out refuse or ask too many questions and you'd have to try again at a different bank. Someone probably told Patrick about bitcoin in like 2012. Once he discovered that it would take more than 5 minutes of effort to get his hands on it, he decided that bitcoin was stupid and anyone who invests in it is a Nazi, and he didn't want to change his mind when his peers started making bank. As we know when Patrick is proven wrong, he only doubles down on his beliefs.
“No teller child, you will accept my EBT card for purchase of Bitcoin.”