Where we at with The Wrestler (2008)?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
It's a great film, but it's just so bleak and depressing I don't really have a desire to ever watch it again.

BraunsGhost

It was pretty good but nothing I've felt compelled to watch again. I liked seeing him working in the meat department at Safeway. It would be pretty funny if you were ordering a pound of salami and Marty Jannetty sliced it for you.
😆 that shit would be fucking hilarious! Thanks for the hearty chuckle 😆

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
I’ve heard it’s great but never watched it. If another brotherman is suggesting it I’ll have to give it a watch.
It's great. They're trying to make Chris Hemsworth make a good Hulk Hogan, but Mickey Rourke nails it as an aged wrestler. He was perfect for the role.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Hogan's half a retard from all those hits, but he's far from the wrestler Rourke portrayed. He's the first one who was able to make the leap to a career outside the WWWF (or whatever the fuck it was called back then) which led to The Rock and John Cena doing it better.

Only a small number of pro-wresters are able to break into Hollywood, though. The rest are at the mercy of Vince, who views his wrestlers as disposable garbage.