Where we at with The Wrestler (2008)?

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Watched it again recently for the first time in a while and I forgot how relentlessly bleak and dark it is. But that's what makes it so realistic. The part where he takes the stripper out to the shit bar and they sing round and round by ratt by themselves like a couple of old washed up drunks was so painfully real. Everyone's been to a dive and seen that shit in real life. And I loved how the movie tells you to go fuck yourself every time you think shit might be looking up for Randy. The daughter shit especially. He almost does the impossible and reconnects with his daughter but nope, he ends up snorting coke and fucking some weird whore with a firefighter fetish and sleeps through their reunion dinner. They did such a great job making Randy a somewhat likeable fuckup that just cannot help himself and does kinda deserve all the bad shit that happens to him. But you dont enjoy watching it. Fantastic job by Mickey Rourke.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Great movie. Loosely based on Jake The Snake, if I recall.

It was based on Jake, and the real life reunion/rejection with his daughter really happened and was actually captured on film in the documentary Beyond The Mat (1999) ...which next to VICE's Dark Side of the Ring is the greatest depiction of wrestling in normie media

If you have seen/enjoyed all those, check out the documentaries about "ECW" - Barbwire City, Rise and Fall, Forever Hardcore.
Those fuckers got away with murder. (well, attempted homicide, but I digress)

Ladynyahh

He's big and fat, he's Patrick Tomlinson
Solid movie but only saw it once. Will have to watch it again. Mickey Rourke may have had some work done, I don't know.