Where we at with the The Office

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
I have coworkers who are fans and I swear to God think that they're actually part of that world and almost seem to try to be characters at work.

This happens a lot nowadays, no coincidence during the rise of trannies and autism.

And pixar movies don't help. I swear I can tell which movies these idiots are pretending to be in with their over exaggerated expressions. It's especially annoying when you've seen the movie/show and just want to tell them that you see right through them, and to knock it off.

Anyway The Office is gay and for women. I used to put it on waiting for Scrubs (a show I thought was good but all my memories are negative) and I don't think there was a single joke in The Office I watched. It was all romance shit.

I fucking hate it and I'll just echo what everyone else has said about why it stinks and I don't like it.

When it was still airing I couldn't stand being bombarded with "did you watch the office last night?" Or now when people bombard me with references to it. If I've told you 100 times I never watched that shit or I've walked away mid sentence from your babble stop bringing it up to me. Holy Fuck.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
What I liked about the early episodes is that they were filmed to mimic the harsh florescent lighting you get in an office. Everyone looked pale and dull, and it emphasized how boring an office job is.

But pretty soon they changed it to the same bright lighting you'd see in any other TV show or movie. Then, everyone at the office is hanging out together after work and going to each other's weddings. It made it seem like none of them had friends other than the people they worked with.

Anyway, show should have ended at season 5. Went on so long it ended up like The Simpsons, with more crappy episodes than funny ones.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I’ve never once purposely watched it, but I have a lot from roommates and friends putting it on. I dont see what about it creates so much hate. Its not my cup of tea but good for a chuckle in passing

I always liked that Jenna Fischer, especially after they stopped making her so mousy. And Dwight was pretty funny sometimes. But it went on for way too long and got all gay and cartoonish after a few seasons. It's a good background show, like when there's absolutely nothing else to watch.

Did the US have the spate of workplace documentaries to base the premise from? In the uk there was a run of real looks at working on a cruise ship, airports, driving schools etc that the office took the concept of a camera crew being in a workplace. In that context it makes sense.

I have only seen a few clips of the US version and it didn't feel as grubby and real as the uk one and even that is obviously slightly hightened stuff

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
I never watched the American version.

The original Office was very good, but I've seen better sitcoms. The Office is GREAT cringe, but from around the same time period I loved Black Books from the UK. The episode where they house sit for a guy and drink all his priceless wine is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

G

The saccharine Pam and Jim relationship was like watching cancer metastasize.
It really made me not like "A Quiet Place", I couldn't get away from remembering their passive quirky rom-com cringe. Smart enough to direct a movie where he doesn't speak much, all I can ever know him is as is Jim.

G

What I liked about the early episodes is that they were filmed to mimic the harsh florescent lighting you get in an office. Everyone looked pale and dull, and it emphasized how boring an office job is.

But pretty soon they changed it to the same bright lighting you'd see in any other TV show or movie. Then, everyone at the office is hanging out together after work and going to each other's weddings. It made it seem like none of them had friends other than the people they worked with.

Anyway, show should have ended at season 5. Went on so long it ended up like The Simpsons, with more crappy episodes than funny ones.
All shows suffer from Jewish writer 'tunnel vision' syndrome. Self-ghettoizing their whole lives, yet think they have a pulse at normal workplace interactions, or just American dynamics whatever the setting. They think everyone is this verbal, hypochondriac who freaks out over everything and at the same time has only a small group of close knit friends/roommates/co-workers.

Its because they all work with their cousins or in-laws, they have no true idea that people just keep to themselves, keep their drama to themselves, everything is not some verbal talkathon, even Seinfeld had this shit. In a sense, they have that advantage because a small network of quirky mofos can be more theatric/dramatic then a bunch of closed off, anti-social Gentiles.

TV/movies rarely reflects reality because one set of people and thave been defining us thru their quirks and alien lens. Oh, and they also hate us.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
I enjoyed it during its original run. Tried to re-watch it last year and despised it for Jim and Pam. They are such cunts and the show never acknowledges that.

cardwell

I liked it at first, but I bailed when it became more soap opera than comedy. Women probably like the show because the male characters are emasculated wimps.

Jim staring at the camera is a visual cue telling the audience how to react (since there's no laugh track).