• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with the The Office

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
How is Michael Scott, Andy, Gabe, Toby, or Dwight likeable? Also, it seems there's been a fan shift and many agree that Jim was kind of a douche.
Scott has moments throughout the show where you realize he’s not a complete retard. He’s also more silly than an outright ass. Just a loveable doofus. Andy same thing. I’ve barely watched the later seasons so I could be wrong about Gabe. Toby is the only “normal” person in the office. He simply does his job and keeps quiet. Dwight also has redeeming qualities and “moments” throughout. No one on that show is just an outright ass like Brent is. They’re “quirky” but not dickheads. There’s 0 edge to any of them really. They all have something that makes them relatable and likeable as a result. It wouldn’t have lasted as long otherwise.

G

I actually watched the full show (the American version... I don't waste my time on any British comedy. I've been burned too many times before) and I could barely get through it because the situations of awkwardness made me feel too embarrassed. And you know if a total spaz like me finds something too socially awkward, it's fucking bad.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
Cringiest fucking thing I've ever watched. I can't stand the show.

I won't lie by saying I haven't laughed at it, certain scenes did amuse me, but it's mostly mean humour without truly being funny. I think they feel the laughs come from the discomfort, and that's not all that funny to me.

Ron and Fez did cringe, but they were clever about it. And oddly enough seemed more human! The Office takes the characters and changes them to suit a joke as needed. If you're going to do that, just watch a sketch comedy.
Are you talking about the US or the British one? I liked the British one specifically because David was much meaner, and a much more believable character than Michael Scott.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
Really enjoyed the show, but the last few seasons were extremely whacky and dumb in a lot of ways.
They brought in that Andy character, who they make sure you know went to Yale, and in one of the opening segments he pronounces the name of the company that buys out Dunder Mifflin as "Sabray" even though it's spelled "Sabre."

They made an entire segment about it. He went to Yale.

And then they brought in celebrities. I tapped out.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
They brought in that Andy character, who they make sure you know went to Yale, and in one of the opening segments he pronounces the name of the company that buys out Dunder Mifflin as "Sabray" even though it's spelled "Sabre."

I thought he went to Cornell, but I barely watched after Jim went to the other branch, so whatta I know?

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
It’s a fine show but once you’ve watched it all the way through it’s basically only suitable for background noise.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
I thought he went to Cornell, but I barely watched after Jim went to the other branch, so whatta I know?
I'm actually glad I forgot that little detail. When I was typing my original post I was all like, "Why the fuck do I remember this shit?"

I can barely remember my anniversary date, but I can tell you that Andy said "Sabray" once.

I've seen a lot of this show. By "seen" I mean I came home at 11pm, turned on the TV, got my clothes and lunch ready for tomorrow, and left it on while I shitposted till 2am and went to bed. (It and 30 Rock were in syndication at the time)

There's 2 kinds of TV: That you watch and that you leave on. The Office is horrible as the first, but fine to leave on to do a dozen other things and not miss any of it, because there's not much there to begin with.

And yes, women are fucking dumb. If in real life a husband (Jim) bought a house and invested in a business without telling his wife, I'd think he was a pretty shitty and insecure husband.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Here’s the definitive statement on this and if you disagree, fuck you. The Office is a specialized sort of humor that Ricky Gervais is brilliant at which is creating awkward embarrassing moments that take the air right out of your lungs. It was funny for a few seasons and then it hit the wall and burst into flames just like all good network shows do.. Always Sunny, Simpsons, etc. I think people look at TV shows too monolithically.. what happens is a show is created by a group of people who have a direction in mind and understand on a visceral level who these characters are. The show finds some success, and that’s when the show biz kikes move in to hijack it. They then take the characters that you’ve invested hours of your life into getting to know, turn them inside out and fuck the viewer in their eye holes while they laugh at you. Some show runners are able to maintain a higher level of creative control over their creation, for example the Sopranos and other “premium” cable shows. But any network TV show you enjoy is destined for kosherdom once it catches on, and if it doesn’t catch on they just cancel it which is probably for the best if it’s a good show.

Last edited:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Are you talking about the US or the British one? I liked the British one specifically because David was much meaner, and a much more believable character than Michael Scott.
I'm bashing the American version. The UK one is ok for one simple reason: consistency.

But my woman loves trying new shows, and during the lockdown years back she started it. As a good soldier, I made the attempt, and despite all my will power, I tapped out before season 4 ended. I ended up HATING the show, but she stuck with it until it ended... And then afterwards told me it wasn't really worth watching overall.

How the Fuck did those same guys make Parks and Recreation? Season 2-4 of that series was great just for Ron Swanson alone.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
And yes, women are fucking dumb. If in real life a husband (Jim) bought a house and invested in a business without telling his wife, I'd think he was a pretty shitty and insecure husband.
I know a woman this happened to. Husband apparently invested over $100k into a business without her knowing and bankrupted them. They had kids. She divorced him. From what I gathered this happened decades ago and there are aspects of it that still affect her today.

At least with arranged marriages you could blame your parents.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I remember laughing at Dwight getting a head injury and typing his name multiple times on a desktop shortcut but couldn't tell you any other time I laughed.

EraGodless

Andy went to Cornell. Ever heard of it?

Stent

As soon as a show gets any popularity the writers and actors immediately ramp up the stupid aspects of their characters. Dwight lives on a beet farm with a weird inbred brother. Because that was necessary in an office comedy.