Where we at with the The Office

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I personally can't stand the fucking show. The first few seasons were ok but then it became tiresome to watch.

It's an example of a show that could have just cut it early but decided to stick around and annoy you.

I have coworkers who are fans and I swear to God think that they're actually part of that world and almost seem to try to be characters at work.

The show seems to attract fans of reality TV shows who in part believe that their own shitty workplace deservers to be on some kind of reality show. I remember some fat white girl I worked with 10 years ago would say that our job should have it's own reality series and how cool it would be. I remember berating her and telling her she should focus more on her actual job (in which she was obviously useless at) and not focus on trying to be a celebrity. It got her upset and she quit a few weeks later and I'm convinced it was because of me. She was a fan of The Office.

So? Where we at?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
The British one is alright. The American one stinks and is overrated as fuck. The fact is so popular shows that the majority of society has shit tastes and will just watch whatever show is popular on Netflix.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Cringiest fucking thing I've ever watched. I can't stand the show.

I won't lie by saying I haven't laughed at it, certain scenes did amuse me, but it's mostly mean humour without truly being funny. I think they feel the laughs come from the discomfort, and that's not all that funny to me.

Ron and Fez did cringe, but they were clever about it. And oddly enough seemed more human! The Office takes the characters and changes them to suit a joke as needed. If you're going to do that, just watch a sketch comedy.

EraGodless

British one is way better as people have pointed out. Americans like their characters to be “likeable” so it ends up ruining a lot. David Brent is just an ass, and he stays that way. Really everyone does. The only redeemable moment for Brent is the Christmas special. Everyone is a dickhead in their own right on the British version.
How is Michael Scott, Andy, Gabe, Toby, or Dwight likeable? Also, it seems there's been a fan shift and many agree that Jim was kind of a douche.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Someone does something socially unacceptable or awkward and then Jim or Pam look at the camera like "can you believe this guy?".

I will never understand why it is so popular.
That's when it became hip for sitcoms to drop the laugh track, but TV writers -- being insecure heebs -- still craved a way to yell at the TV audience that they should laugh. Thanks for letting us know thing someone just said was a joke.