Where we at with Netflix's version of the Addams family

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Sure he's been a faggot with his political views and has TDS, but I know he's a cool dude
you're a smart guy

let me ask you- what do old school PR's (like Luis) REALLY think of gays, and minorities?

Don't think too hard

He's just virtue signaling to keep a job

EDIT: actually- I just did something stupid.....PR's are a different type of Hispanic....they're, um.........well, lets just say they're "looser" in regards to how they feel about LGBTQ+, and minorities....

However, Cubans....HOLY SHIT.......let me tell you something about Cubans.....them niggas hate minorities, and gays so much that they could post here

Honestly if it wasn't for Tim Burton I'd be afraid this is just another Riverside, but I feel Burton will make it weird, like Beetlejuice or Edward Scissorhands.
Or maybe he'll make it suck like Dark Shadows, Dumbo, Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland, Frankenweenie, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

But sure, maybe another playfully macabre IP is the spark he needs to start being good again after three decades.

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid
Or maybe he'll make it suck like Dark Shadows, Dumbo, Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland, Frankenweenie, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

But sure, maybe another playfully macabre IP is the spark he needs to start being good again after three decades.

Those are all essentially straight adaptations of other IPs. Maybe he had some freedom with Dark Shadows but it's just tell the same stories again. Blah blah Veruca Salt is a bad egg and the oompah loompahs sing a song. I vaguely remember the visuals being cool but shit, why not watch the Gene Wilder version instead of Johnny Depp doing a Michael Jackson impression?

This isn't a straight "okay just remake the 1991 movie with a woke cast", it's telling a new story with established characters. Like Pee Wee's Big Adventure or the Batman movies. Furthermore it's television, giving him the time to flesh out characters and such instead of condensing everything into the studio's requested screentime.

...like Beetlejuice... Like Pee Wee's Big Adventure or the Batman movies.
Those all came out before the Berlin Wall fell.

I'm not even arguing that Tim Burton is untalented; I just think it's completely arbitrary and baseless to think this project has the formula to unlock some sort of long dormant genius.

I'm probably just stupidly not playing along with your bit, so the jokes on me, really.

G

Those are all essentially straight adaptations of other IPs. Maybe he had some freedom with Dark Shadows but it's just tell the same stories again. Blah blah Veruca Salt is a bad egg and the oompah loompahs sing a song. I vaguely remember the visuals being cool but shit, why not watch the Gene Wilder version instead of Johnny Depp doing a Michael Jackson impression?

This isn't a straight "okay just remake the 1991 movie with a woke cast", it's telling a new story with established characters. Like Pee Wee's Big Adventure or the Batman movies. Furthermore it's television, giving him the time to flesh out characters and such instead of condensing everything into the studio's requested screentime.
I thought you said your love of jenna was a bit. Satire of the alliance. Why the fuck are you unironically defending some shitty adams family show. Fucking faggot.

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid
Those all came out before the Berlin Wall fell.

I'm not even arguing that Tim Burton is untalented; I just think it's completely arbitrary and baseless to think this project has the formula to unlock some sort of long dormant genius.

I'm probably just stupidly not playing along with your bit, so the jokes on me, really.

There's a certain level of prestige when you reach a certain level as a film director. Scorsese, Tarantino, Wes Anderson, hell even Michael Bay are too "big" for television. 20 years ago it would have been an insult to ask them to helm some stupid ABC drama. But the industry has shifted to where streaming is dominant, and as a result you see Kevin Costner, Jeff Bridges, Anthony fucking Hopkins doing shitty ass Westworld.

So yeah, it does mean something that a "big" director has been lured into directing a television series, even if his last couple movies have been for the paycheck. Bit of a humbling move, but interesting to see what Burton does with it.

I thought you said your love of jenna was a bit. Satire of the alliance. Why the fuck are you unironically defending some shitty adams family show. Fucking faggot.

Isn't it about time to make your nightly "notice me dan" thread in lit crit?

G

There's a certain level of prestige when you reach a certain level as a film director. Scorsese, Tarantino, Wes Anderson, hell even Michael Bay are too "big" for television. 20 years ago it would have been an insult to ask them to helm some stupid ABC drama. But the industry has shifted to where streaming is dominant, and as a result you see Kevin Costner, Jeff Bridges, Anthony fucking Hopkins doing shitty ass Westworld.

So yeah, it does mean something that a "big" director has been lured into directing a television series, even if his last couple movies have been for the paycheck. Bit of a humbling move, but interesting to see what Burton does with it.

Isn't it about time to make your nightly "notice me dan" thread in lit crit?
Making an anti dan thread is objectively less sad than writing essays defending the new adams family show. Fucking pedophile.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
WWAW Luis as Gacha in Narcos

1300013.jpg

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid
Making an anti dan thread is objectively less sad than writing essays defending the new adams family show. Fucking pedophile.

See if you'd read the discussion and have some understanding of the topic, It's not an "adams family show", it's a star vehicle for Jenna. Whether it hits, it flops, it's good, it sucks, I guess we'll all find out when the show debuts.

And ew don't go "making an anti dan thread" like it's only one. It's every single night your OCD gets triggered and you make another thread about him.

G

See if you'd read the discussion and have some understanding of the topic, It's not an "adams family show", it's a star vehicle for Jenna. Whether it hits, it flops, it's good, it sucks, I guess we'll all find out when the show debuts.

And ew don't go "making an anti dan thread" like it's only one. It's every single night your OCD gets triggered and you make another thread about him.
Youre 42 years old

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/08/addams-family-first-look-wednesday[/URL]

I thought Gomez was supposed to be handsome, debonair. Instead they picked Luis fucking Guzman. He's a good actor and all but not exactly who I'd choose for the role to be perfectly honest witcha
Guzman is a great actor and always punches things up but he was seriously miscast here. Also, Ms. Zeta Jones needs to be introduced to my penis.